Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 5:16:04 PM EDT
What is the preferred night vision scope for an AR?

I have flat-top with an ARMS #45, ARMS #40, and an ARMS #22M68 with an Aimpoint M2 mounted in it.  I also have a flat-top with an EOTech 552E on it.  I'd like something that co-witnesses with the optics I've already got.

Money be damned... what's the best?

Back to reality, what's good?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Money be damned... what's the best?
View Quote

My kinda guy!

You're in big trouble now [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm running two Aimpoint M2's and one Eotech M 552 on some weapons. The night vision I selected and purchased to complement this is the PVS 14 3rd gen monocular. All of this is on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention everywhere else serious end users work with this gear.

So far I've been utilizing it with the head mount gear but I'm getting set up to purchase a GGG quick release mount for the Picatinny rail systems
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Binary man.  :)

Can you recommend a good place to buy?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine came from [url]www.oklahomapolicesupply.com[/url] Here's the toll free number. (800) 627-8027 They're out of Tulsa Oklahoma. When you call ask specifically for Keith Waldran, he handles all their night vision and high end electronics and sniper rifles. You said you weren't looking for cheap stuff and you definetly won't find that in his inventory.

Ask him about different grades of PVS14's. as he will price them accordingly. He can explain the ins and outs with you about that. But basically your looking at $3000 to $3500 or so. But if you've never used this generation of optic I can only say you won't be disappointed.

Next comes all the IR enhancing items such as flashlight filters, IR lasers, and so forth. Lots of things you can do with these setups.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
PVS-18 (fully submersible), better that a PVS 14 but uses the same mounts. Good luck finding one without having to wait about 3 months to fill your order.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
For the cowhitness:

I would say PVS 14 (I don't swim with my gear)

Or in weapon dedicated the Raptor or PVS-17

the latter 2 have a lot of range on the pvs-14 like 3times the range.

The PVS-14 can be headmounted or a magnification tripler installed making it nearly as good as the other 2 and better if a headmount device is needed. With a good IR laser the pvs-14 can't be beat for short range quick target aquisition.

[b]: ) there are also pvs-14 sized thermal headmounted devices availible.  But the price goes up a lot : ) [/b]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top