Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2003 10:13:04 PM EDT
I'm sure many of you use a surefire light on your AR. Will the beam be bright enough to wash out your EOTech or Aimpoint dot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My Surefire 952 doesn't wash out my Aimpoint unless I have the dot turned down really low, crank it up a click or so and no more wash out. I can't speak for the Eotech though, I have never gotten to play with one of those.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
get a blue filter for the light.  The red dot/reticule will stand out fantastically.  CQB will again be a smashing good time.

Blue light with a red dot...excellent contrast.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
get a blue filter for the light.  The red dot/reticule will stand out fantastically.  CQB will again be a smashing good time.

View Quote

What he said ^^^^
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Or close the front cap on your Aimpoint.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I say one notch brighter...

When setting the brightness, turn the light on and  adjust the dot against a white wall - the worst possible case.  Then you are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
When setting the brightness, turn the light on and adjust the dot against a white wall - the worst possibel case. Then you are good to go.
View Quote

That is the same way I set mine. I get in front of a white wall hit the light and set it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies. I am getting an M500 from a buddy, and wasn't sure if it would work with my 552. The blue filter seems like a great idea.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The Blue BeamFilter for the M500A is the FM16. You can also use this on your M3, M96 and M900A.

Al
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of! Hahaha [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of the time a lot of users do CQB with a 225 lumens lamp, the 225 is for perimeter, it is not suitable for CQB combat, if you are in a building, you really don't want to go pass 125 lumens. it is bright enough to blind the target and just right if you are running your red dot.  or you just point and shoot with your light as a aiming point, since you are pretty darn close to your targets. even a 65 lumens are more then enough for indoor work.

I did a CQB night shoot at a shoot house last week, my 9v classic was mounted on my MRE and I had a M3 strapped to my left wrist.  training to shot one hand with a handheld flashlight with my carbine.  too much fun. now I start to think about a very very light weight upper. :)
never had a problem with my EOTech which was set pretty low.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of! Hahaha [whacko]
View Quote

[>:/]Good thing we've got stand up citizens like yourself to keep us all in check.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Hokie, man, sorry, that was a joke... Here's why;

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=142762[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a blue flip on my 900.  The contrast is great.  I'm glad its a flip though.  Blue is perfect for "stealth mode" so to speak, but the white light is obviously many times brighter.  If you want that disorienting effect on the BG, leave the filter open or off.  If the reddot is set properly it will be visible with white or blue light.  (Eotechs and Aimpoints have both worked for me)  Gives you a couple nice options.  And if it ever were to wash out you can always cover the front and go OEG with the Aimpoint.

One thing I don't like about the blue filter is its mirror silver color when the light is off.  Its as reflective and indescrete as it could possibly be...right on the business end of the weapon!  Surefire told me that design permitted the most quality light to pass.  If you're a flatblack everything/bowflage sniper in- the- grass kinda guy-these surefire faces will bug the crap outta you.  No configuration will be best for everything.  Guess thats why they're detachable!  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top