Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2003 9:46:17 PM EDT
I need (ok, ok, I want!) a weapon light for a 16" AR carbine. I would really like to keep it simple without having to install a special handguard with built in rails or anything, so the Sure Fire 660 seems to be what I want. Who has the best deals currently on these lights? And am I correct that they come with the barrel mount and tape pressure switch?

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You have made a wise choice[:D]

Package includes Classic Surefire 660 weapons light(w/shock isolated bezel)

Tail cap/4" pressure switch

Weaver ring

Barrel clamp mount with rail.

Also a manuals for each component, Velcro adhesive and alcohol swabs.

I purchased mine at [url]www.sableco.net[/url]
for $220.

If their out of stock, you can always order direct from [url]www.surefire.com[/url] for a rather pricy $312
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
kevin at BrightFlashlights is my new SureFire guy.  He's on the Equi Exchange.  (mods, if I can't plug, feel free to edit)

I've seen the SF 660 go between 150 and 240 on the antichrist's page, Ebay.

I love that light set up, too.  Handled one on a friend's AR and it was sweet.  You can't go wrong at 200 bucks for it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Check Eagle Firearms on the EE too ...some of the lowest prices I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 659 on my M4gery. The 659 differs only in the mount. It is designed to fit under the front sight but works just as well on the barrel. With the addition on the Z36 side sling swivel you get a side sling swivel and a light mount.

Here are some pics of my light on my rifle. Sorry you have to click on the link. Webshots sucks.
[url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/29014123/64312888ytxDMk[/url]
[url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/29311265/64317003mLWxyw[/url]

I bring this up only to show what else is available and if someone is out of the 660 but has a 659 you know how it works. I like both set ups but prefer the 659.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have pictures on the 660 on their rifle??

What is the burn time/lumen power of the 660 series light compared the the 659 light, if any?

Anyone else have the 660 or the 659 and can comment on how they perform?

This seems like a nice, and inexpensive alternative the mounting a light onto a handguard accessory rail.

THANKS
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone have pictures on the 660 on their rifle??
View Quote

I used to but my photo hoster dicided to disconnect my ass unless I paid a fee. Watch Black Hawk Down. All the Delta operators have 660s mounted on their M4s, or go to the Surefire website.

What is the burn time/lumen power of the 660 series light compared the the 659 light, if any?
View Quote

The 659/660 are the exact same weapon light. The difference is between the mounts. 659 is mounted under the front sight/gas block. The 660 is barrel mounted. they both use the standard High pressure Xenon P60 lamp/relector: output is 65 lumens(enough to light up most of my backyard) with a burn time of 1 hr. using the standard lithium batteries.

Anyone else have the 660 or the 659 and can comment on how they perform?
View Quote

I know you mean Everyone else but apparently Me and Lucky Stiff appear to be the only ones to comment on this series. It's Great, Rugged and worth the money. See the other 660 post for torture test details.

This seems like a nice, and inexpensive alternative the mounting a light onto a handguard accessory rail.
View Quote

It's great. Note that the 660/659 are barrel mounted. If you want to mount it on a accesory rail it will work just fine with the included Weaver ring.
View Quote

THANKS
View Quote

Sure!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the info and pictures. I just received an IM from what I believe is a dealer in these lights. So I will see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

kevin at BrightFlashlights is my new SureFire guy.  He's on the Equi Exchange.  (mods, if I can't plug, feel free to edit)
View Quote

I'm into him for over $400 now as well.

BrightFlashlights is an A++ company to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm into him for over $400 now as well.

BrightFlashlights is an A++ company to deal with.
View Quote

Yep, BrightFlashLights just happens to be the dealer I was speaking of myself....hehe. Glad to hear of the A++ reputation, that is always comforting.

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top