Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 1:35:22 AM EDT
Sure this has been asked but I can't find it.  What is the most inexpesive way to mount a Surefire on my AR that will work?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Define work.
Duct tape is real cheap.
Are you looking for something you would risk your life with or something to fool around with?
NoKarma
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
First off, even though its relatively inexpensive, the 6P is NOT a good weapon light.  Its not shock isolated like Surefire's dedicated weapons light.  What you'll spend in replacement bulbs would have bought you a true weapon light in no time flat.  Get one of their lanyard loops and attach it to your wrist if you need a light, and save your pennies for the real deal.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Top of the line basic Surefire weapons light?
Look no further than the Classic Surfire weapons mounted 660 series. I've had one mounted on my M4 barrel for years, looks like a 6P with a Shock Isolated bezel. Fits,functions and looks GREAT!

Same mount and light as the Delta boys had in Black Hawk Down.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Purchase the Surefire Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel from a stocking dealer.  Not all retailers carry all the parts.  I have three, they work like a charm.  Same part found on the Classic Dedicated Weaponlights.

They are great even on hand-held lights.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top