Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 10:43:13 PM EDT
Any southpaws use the M500 series light?
I realize if you mount it the way it's intended, you will have to use your fingers for the constant on/off switch and the thumb for the tape switch, but since I'm unable to handle one in person, I'm wondering if this really works ok.

Also, where is the switch for the LED located?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You can just invert the handguards, top becomes bottom. Bottom becomes top.

It places the light below the barrel which I think is a better place anyway.

LED activation pressure pad is just behind the Constant ON/OFF rocker switch.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can just invert the handguards, top becomes bottom. Bottom becomes top.

It places the light below the barrel which I think is a better place anyway.

LED activation pressure pad is just behind the Constant ON/OFF rocker switch.
View Quote

What he said.....

I too am afflicted since birth with lefthandedness. I have SF 500's on both my entry guns, & they have worked very well for me.

The only problem I found with the 500 was that they limited the types of slings that would work without interfering with either the main light or the LED nav lights. I ended up installing a GG&G single-point sling adapter & a CQB Solutions HST sling. That solution has worked very well......
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

...The only problem I found with the 500 was that they limited the types of slings that would work without interfering with either the main light or the LED nav lights. I ended up installing a GG&G single-point sling adapter & a CQB Solutions HST sling. That solution has worked very well...

View Quote

I have the same sling setup (right-handed) for my carbine with the M500A w/nav lights.  I e-mailed CQB Solutions and received a very nice reply from Jeff Orchard (company president) - he said the only solution was the single-point HST sling, as a three-point sling would end up snapping off the LED stalk at some point.

This setup worked very well for me in a recent carbine class.  Cross-shoulder transitions were a breeze, and the sling and GG&G sling mount were outstanding.

Here's a link:

[url=http://www.cqbsolutions.com/hsts.htm]CQB Solutions HST Sling[/url]

The photo in this link shows an old-model M500 without the LED nav lights, you *can* use a three-point like their CST sling on the earlier version.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I found this sling in a Google search.

[url]http://www.tac-ord.com/TRAS%20M4%20SideMount%20Attachment%20Guide.htm[/url]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top