Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2003 8:06:04 AM EDT
Hey guys decided that i really don't like the M6 on my AR. It moves around to much tried to get it on tighter but it just won't stay tight. so i'd like to replace it and put it on one of the pistols maybe the HK i'm going to buy. I love the laser and the light, so the idea is to replace the M6 with a seperate light and laser. So questions include whats a good laser? whats a good light, whats a good way to mount the light either at the 12 or 6 o'clock. Also was thinking about just getting one of the light/pistol grip set ups not sure of the name of it, and than mounting the laser above the barrel but as close to on the barrel as possible. Thanks for any ideas guys
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]

why is it getting loose?

what do you have it mounted to?

the handguards?

need more info

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
C-more quad rail is what i have it mounted too. As for why it's loose, it was loose when i put it on. The M6 was designed for the mounts on a glock. But the company says it will mount on any 1913 mil spec rail. It just doesn't mount tight thats all. The dot will shit left or right a good bit after a shot.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking to spend? You could get the M900 from surefire, the pistol grip light you referred to, and the OTAL from laser devices. That would cost you about $900. Another question you want to ask yourself is do you really want to slap almost $1000  worth of shit on a $100 handguard. You may want to consider an upgrade to something more heavy duty. I have seen other people here with the M6 mounted to their AR's with no problems. I THINK I once read a thread here about some of the C-more handguards being slightly out of spec. You may want to look into that too.

Steve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking to spend? You could get the M900 from surefire, the pistol grip light you referred to, and the OTAL from laser devices. That would cost you about $900. Another question you want to ask yourself is do you really want to slap almost $1000  worth of shit on a $100 handguard. You may want to consider an upgrade to something more heavy duty. I have seen other people here with the M6 mounted to their AR's with no problems. I THINK I once read a thread here about some of the C-more handguards being slightly out of spec. You may want to look into that too.

Steve.
View Quote

I got a chance to talk to one of my dealers yesterday at an NFA shoot. i'm going to bring it in by him next week and he's going to check it out for me. He brought up the same thing about the rails being a bit out of spec.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Photoman - The M6 or M3 is designed for Glock rails, which are different width then 1913 rails. GG&G sells an adapter called "M3 tactical illuminator light rail adapter for dovetails", this is designed to interface the M3 or M6 to 1913 rails, no personal experience on this but that's what the description says on their site.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:43:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Photoman - The M6 or M3 is designed for Glock rails, which are different width then 1913 rails. GG&G sells an adapter called "M3 tactical illuminator light rail adapter for dovetails", this is designed to interface the M3 or M6 to 1913 rails, no personal experience on this but that's what the description says on their site.
View Quote

I asked the guys at the shop(wasn't impressed with the place) i bought it from(best price around on it, didn't have to pay shipping) and they told me that an adaptor wouldn't be needed for it to go on the AR since i had a quad rail on it. I think i'll look into the gg&g adaptor, or something with a quick detach. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#7]
You could also do the CORE mount from [url]www.sidearmor.net[/url] they have an awesome mount that let's you put the M6 right on the barrel in front of the sight tower.  It's a mil spec rail and my M6 fit awesome.

I now have an Surefire M900 on my AR, but here's an old pic of my set up.  Worked great.
[img]http://www.mattdoughty.homestead.com/files/ar15homelandsecurity.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Hokie thats at the 12oclock on the barrel? nice thats actually where I want to put mine. Thanks. I checked out the site and the only mount I saw was for an AUG is that the one?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep that's at the 12oclock.

I just checked the site too, I'm not sure where the AR15 mount went.  If I were you I'd contact them and ask if they still have them.  For the M6, there is no better way to mount it.  Keeps the laser inline with the barrel and just a couple inches above, so the trajectory of the bullet is more 'on target' at diff. ranges.

Inquire further cause it's a great mount.  I just sold mine too, otherwise I'd have let you have it.

Cheers!

H
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call some time this week.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I mount my M6 on an Eagle Arms A2 carbine, using the GG&G UFIR, its a tight fit.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top