Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 9:16:15 AM EDT
I am building up a 10.5" upper and am looking for advice on which model surefire light to buy.  I can never find out much from there site but do know I have to pay attention to the bbl. length since I don't want the light hanging way out front of the muzzle.  Thanks in advance!-Horik
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My only advice, and I'll get flamed for it..stay away from the M500 forearm.  It has ZERO ventilation, and short barreled M16/ARs get HOT.  Thats my sole complaint with the unit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 10 1/2" upper with an ARMS SIR and a SureFire 900 light.  It works great.  The only modification that I made was to remove the A1 flash suppressor that came on the upper and replace it with an A2 flash suppressor so the blast wouldn't come down toward the light.
If you send me an E-mail, I can send you a picture.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
[IMG]http://www.news.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_030524-N-4441P-091.jpg[/IMG]

Two options from the Navy's ninja-boys.

Surefire M900 on the left, M952 w/tape switch on the right, both on KAC RAS forearms.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pic Lumpy!  This is the SBR basically.  Thanks for the input.  The 952 looks like the way to go for me especially since I already have a KAC grip on hand for it.  Now it is just deciding on the forend.  I have a RASII I could steal from my M4 upper but would like to use my EOTECH possibly instead of my Aimpoint.  I don't want the EO WAY out on the forend so Maybe a FF RAS or hell a regular RAS since the bbl. is so short anyway.  CQB setup and all!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top