Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 12:25:52 PM EDT
Just recieved my ITAL, and what a cool little device.  

I remember seeing pics of someone's AR that had a pressure switch (either for laser or light) that was secured to the forward grip with either shrink tubing or a bicycle inner tube.  Anyone remember seeing this?  

Here is my AR with the ITAL mounted under the barrel
home.earthlink.net/~mohabie/_images/currentversion.jpg

MG
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#1]
mohabie, Black Rifle Armory sells them for $6.00 each. I have one for my OTAL and have the pressure switch mounted to my Surefire M900. It works pretty good. I don't have a link for them, but they advertise regularly on the EE. Go to the "Sights and Optics" section or "AR accessories" section in the EE and you can link up to them there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats sweet!  I thought that was the OTAL! And the ITAL mounted vertically in the front sight tower?  Can someone Clarify Grasshoppa?  I have heard great stuff on these laser units(this Co.)  Am getting the OTAL when I can get the dough together.  Seems it all goes to other AR goodies first!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the ITAL mounted on the bottom.  I have since moved it to the side, I like it better there.  It is sighted in at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I received an OTAL today in the mail, and it is AWESOME!  It's very visible in daylight at CQB ranges, and easily 1000+ feet at night.  It's a very SOLID, well made unit.  My only criticism would be the adjustment knobs.  They're very easy to adjust, and I would imagine, very easy to bump out of alignment.  To bad they didn't incorporate a screw-on protective cover.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember seeing pics of someone's AR that had a pressure switch (either for laser or light) that was secured to the forward grip with either shrink tubing or a bicycle inner tube.  Anyone remember seeing this?  

MG
View Quote

it *could* have been mine.  i used 2" dia heat shrink tubing to secure my OTAL switch to my KAC vert grip.
note: username and password are both 'mm' to view pic.
[url]http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/sir1.jpg[/url]
cheers,
MM

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahh, that is your website?  Damn I like Military Morons.  You guys sure do have fun in the desert.

I ended up using a bike tube.  It worked fairly well.  I was afraid that it would be so tight as to engage the pressure switch, but nothing like that happened.  

I'll email you a pic if you'd like.

MG
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#7]
MG,
yep, that's me. glad u like the site - thanks.
sure, email me a pic - [email protected]
cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine [:d]
[img]home.earthlink.net/~whitman/SETUP.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, here are my closeups.  Not sure how long the pics will be available as I'm closing out with this ISP.

MG

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~mohabie/_images/ar15witharms51andital.jpg[/url]

[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~mohabie/_images/ar15witharms51anditalclose.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
nice pics, duffy and mg.
mg, you could use a small tie strap through the hole in the SIR handguard to secure that cable down - last thing you want to have happen is snag it and damage the plug.
cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Great stuff(pics) guys.  DUFFY!  I am going for the set up on my 10.5" upper once the paperwork comes in. so your pick is got me drooling.  I have the RASII on my M4 upper at the moment.  Now I just need the OTAL and light(to fit shorter upper).
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks [:)]  I'm still looking for a piece of bicycle tube, though the velcro works well for now.  With all the stuff on the M4gery it feels heavier than a 20" barrel rifle.
BTW MM, I saw your excellent pics on your website and that sealed the deal for my decision to get the OTAL, I bet you didn't know how much you've helped folks like me [;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...I bet you didn't know how much you've helped folks like me [;)]
View Quote

now i do [:D]
thanks and cheers!
MM
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I bet you didn't know how much you've helped folks like me [;)]
View Quote

now i do [:D]
thanks and cheers!
MM
View Quote

I'll second that!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top