Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 9:16:02 PM EDT
I am thinking about the M951 light.  I have a 16" Bushy shorty.  I don't have any rails on the handguards yet, but will soon get one for a vert. grip.  What do I need to mount the M951 to my AR (probably mount on the right side of the handguards.)  Any help would be appreicated.  

I am also thinking about just getting a G2 and mounting in under the guard once I get my rail. Good/bad ideas?

Ian
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ian, I don't understand - the M95 WeaponLight is perhaps the toughest of all WeaponLights - Great move getting one!
The G2 is SureFire's budget model. I advise you against mounting an G2 on your weapon.

Al
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The M951 doesnt need mounting hardware, it comes with its own thumb screw mount. The M952 comes with the ARMS throw lever. It is among one of the very best lights Surefire makes for weapons.

On the other hand, the G2 is their entry level light. In addition, it is not a weapons light. It is a handheld light. Handheld lights are not built to withstand the stresses and recoil a light mounted to a weapon will suffer.

M951 - YES!
G2 - NO!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
i agree ...get the m951.  if you're going to rely on a light for target id and target disorientation, you don't want it to fail because you used a personal (handheld) light.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#4]
What would I need to mount the M951 on my handguards (since they are plain with no rails)  Would I need to get some type of rail for the right side, go to some type of different hand guards w/ rails (i.e. the M44's) or is there a way to mount the 951 on my stock handguards?  I really like the 951 but I am trying to keep the $$$ down since I don't have a lot of extra cash right now.  

Many I wish I was rich so I can get whatever I want and hot have to wait to save $$$... [>(]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was a betting man I'd bet that those were not issued as WeaponLights. With the G2 such good value I can understand why so many wanted quality light they could afford themselves.

Al
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What would I need to mount the M951 on my handguards (since they are plain with no rails)  Would I need to get some type of rail for the right side, go to some type of different hand guards w/ rails (i.e. the M44's) or is there a way to mount the 951 on my stock handguards?  I really like the 951 but I am trying to keep the $$$ down since I don't have a lot of extra cash right now.  

Many I wish I was rich so I can get whatever I want and hot have to wait to save $$$... [>(]
View Quote

Well, you need some sort of rail.  GG&G, Falcon Industries and a couple of others sell a short piece of Picatinny rail for about $40.  You can also pick up a piece of used Weaver rail and some screws and do a home project for less than $10.  A GG&G SLiC works well too, but if you are saving for a RAS, etc. I wouldn't spend the money.

More ideas [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=158985]here[/url]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top