Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 11:47:17 AM EDT
I have an M6 from Streamlight which I planned to switch from my SIG, Benelli, and (post ban, 16" heavy barrel, no muzzle break havin', flat top, ML2) Bushy as needed.  But since I got my ARMS SIR-M I noticed the M6 doesn't slide on the SIR's Picatinney rails as it does on the pistol and shotgun mounts.  I don't want to make the M6 fit the Picatinney since it will probably warp the M6 and cause it to be loose on the other weapons' mounts.

I'd rather have a dedicated light for my AR and Surefire seems just the ticket.  I'm trying to decide from a waterproof M900A, or a quick detach M3 Combat Light which is already waterproof.  

Does the M900 now come standard with the disable switch?  Which color LED is best for most tactical situations such as CQB and desert terrain?  I heard green was best, but the M900 doesn't come with green LEDs.  It's be great if they had LED's that you can easily switch out.

On another post topic, there were issues of a 12 o'clock shadow and the handle being too long for some prone positions.  Having an SIR-M, I don't think the shadow would be much of a problem.  I don't think the long handle would be too much of an issue since I only have 30 round mags and I can detach the light if I want to rest the AR on something.  

The advantage of the M3 is simplicity and in the 3 o'clock position it wouldn't cause a 12 o'clock shadow or get in the way.  I could use an ARMS quick detach pistol grip.  But I would not have the LED option.  

Please let me know your thoughts and lessons learned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire has stated they will not be releasing the waterproof M900 and it only had white LEDs as an option.  They come with the lockout tail cap now.  As far as I can tell there was no difference in the M900 waterproof except for the fact it was depth certified so you will get the same thing, it was just hit or miss if they passed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The standard M900 isn't waterproof?

Good Lord for the price it ought to be BULLET proof.

Desert Nomad, all you need to make the M6 work on the SIR is the GG&G M3 mount for dovetails:

[url]http://store.yahoo.com/botach/gggm3mounfor.html[/url]

Sorry for the botach link, couldn't find it on the gggaz site :)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Devl and maelcum.  I had been thinking of the GG&G mount for dovetails as well.  It certainly is an inexpensive way to go.  

I think I'll get it, but it'll probably be a good idea to have a dedicated light for the AR15 only.  Otherwise the M6 will be busy jumping from the SIG, shotgun, and AR.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top