Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 11:22:06 PM EDT
Do any of the good vis lasers out on the market use a DL123 or eq battery?  Right now everything I have that uses batteries(strobe, weapons light, personal light) uses DL123s except for my laser, which uses AAs.  Would be nice to only have one type of battery.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a little surprised Paul didn't say this, but the best laser that takes DL123 batteries is the SureFire L72 (or is it L76?)  Then again, he probably didn't mention it because they are freakin expensive...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PERHAPS PAUL DIDN'T MENTION THE SUREFIRE L72 BECAUSE THEY HHVE BEEN DISCONTINUED.

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

Aahhh, the other shoe drops!  I'm confident that SureFire will continue to produce visible lasers (could be wrong), and I would like to think it will take a series of DL123A batteries.  I also think it will be just as costly - but just as good or better!  Can't wait, especially for the [b][green]GREEN[/green][/b] laser!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The GREEN lasers are SUPER PRICEY!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The GREEN lasers are SUPER PRICEY!!!
View Quote

Boy you got that right, PPD.  The red SureFire laser was around $500, give or take, and I wouldn't be surprised that when they release/produce the green for civilians will probably be $750 - $1000.  That's a lot of clams especially when the gun itself probably cost that or less.  Don't quote my figures, I have not researched it lately.

Yes, for those who want the best, and can afford it.  I qualify for the first part...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Hear - Like IR they make visiable also

http://www.sovietbazaar.co.uk/lasersights3.htm

The Corsak-16m laser sight projects a red laser beam (645nm), making target designation quick and easy. In average day light, use is limited to 5-60 meters with up to 150m in twilight. Supplied with zeroing kit. Encased in a solid metal body
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
PERHAPS PAUL DIDN'T MENTION THE SUREFIRE L72 BECAUSE THEY HHVE BEEN DISCONTINUED.

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

Discontinued?  What’s up with that?  Are the trying to focus on finally getting the L80 on the open market?  Seems pretty crappy to discontinue the only available option from Surefire to Joe Citizen.  

-Matthew
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top