Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 3:32:25 PM EDT
Well, I'm just waiting on my L91 light to arive, so I can slap it on my Dissy using a GGG "Down and Dirty" mount to my standard handguard at the six o'clock position.  But I've been doing some thinking (I hate this cuz it always involves spending MORE money!)about my purchase.

I've been looking at the Millenium series M962 light (9-volt, with the ARMS throw lever mount) and began to wonder whether I could attach this thing to my handguard using GGG's Insight M3 light mount.  Is this possible? Is the GGG M3 mount big enought to accomodate the M962? The only reason I was even thinking of buying this light is because I am contmeplating purchasing a KAC M5 RAS (too bad KAC doesn't make a rifle lenght RAS II!).  I just want to have something that can be also be easily used with a Picatinny rail when, and IF, I do get a KAC M5 RAS or whatever.

So, how can I mount my L91 (think longer SurFire 6P light) to a picatinny rail?  Should I just stick with this light since I already bought it?  I'm pretty sure that it'll be easier to mount the L91 light to a picatinny rail than trying to find a way to mount the Millenium light w/arms mount to my standard handguard right?  Tell me I'm right, so I don't spend more money!!!!!!

Edited to add:  I have a PRI front flip up sight, so I can't attach anything to the sight. And since it's a Dissy model, I can't attach anything to the barrel cuz, well, there isn't much barrel aftr the sight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The L91 is the waterproof version of the L90 (pictured)
[img]http://www.alltactical.com/SUREFIRE/IMG/L90.jpg[/img]
The L91 is a Lamp Module.
It screws into a WeaponLight Housing such as the U06T (I can't find a photo online, but I can email you one if you like)

Anyway, I hope you aren't ordered just the L91 expecting a whole WeaponLight.

Respectfully,

Al

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I also ordered the housing to go with it.  I'll send you my e-mail.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, how can I mount my L91 (think longer SurFire 6P light) to a picatinny rail?  Should I just stick with this light since I already bought it?  I'm pretty sure that it'll be easier to mount the L91 light to a picatinny rail than trying to find a way to mount the Millenium light w/arms mount to my standard handguard right?  Tell me I'm right, so I don't spend more money!!!!!!
View Quote

The easiest way to mount a 1" light to a rail is with a 1" Weaver ring.  If you want to be really slick, you can use one of the quick detach types.  Surefire used to market a mount (forget the number) that was nothing more than a single Weaver brand matte finished ring.  If you are lucky, you can pick up a matching pair for short money at your local gunshop or show.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
BSBG--

Is the light in your pic that is on top a 6-Volt Millenium series light?

I'm almost tempted to call back Sable in order to change up my order from the L91 to the Millenium series light, but they sure do cost more!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BSBG--

Is the light in your pic that is on top a 6-Volt Millenium series light?

View Quote

Yes, it is the Millenium series 6v w/ ARMS mount - 952 SU 06 I believe.  Bought it on the EE a few months ago.  I find the 6V lightws with standard P60 bulb good for indoor applications, but I personally feel that the 9V is a better all around option.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered the Millenium series 9v w/ ARMS mount (962 SU 06) instead, and just received it a couple days ago.  GREAT LIGHT!  I attached it to the bottom HG via a GGG UFIR accessory rail.  I used cut sections of a bicycle inner tube to fasten the tape switch to the HG.  The whole set up is SUH-WEET!  About the only thing that could make this better would be buying a KAC M5 RAS, since that's the only thing that'll fit my 16" Dissipator.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top