Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2002 4:51:45 AM EDT
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to this new holster that is coming out in Feb.  Make sure you read the whole write up and watch the demo video too.  It works as both a thigh holster and a belt holster.

www.tacticalholsters.com/socrig.htm

www.tacticalholsters.com/mpegs/soc1.mpg

There will be versions for various 1911s, Sig P226, HK USP, Glock and possibly Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Safariland has had one of those out for a while.  We have quite a few officers using them with our Glock 21 pistols and a Streamlight M3.  They work well but obviously aren't as secure as a level III holster.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps I am blind but I cant find the equivalent Safariland holster.  Would you mind pointing it out to me?

I think the beauty of this system is you dont need a whole new holster if you upgrade your light and it will accept a wide variety of lights like the Millenium, Nitrolon, M3, LAM etc.  It also has the best retention system I have seen for high speed use.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at these a month or so ago... Great concept, but I didn't see a price on them, and quite honestly, figured it would be outa my price range.  I went with a standard Blackhawk version that cost around $50...

I would guess that the Safariland version EPD mentioned is the 6004, but it's not an either/or option, you can get it to hold a pistol with mounted light, or you can get it to hold one without.  Price is around $70.00 per holster.  I had one, and it was great as far as retention went, and it is a level II holster, but not having the option of using my USP without UTL mounted was an eventual PITA.

FYI, the Blackhawk "with/without light mount" holster that I had for my USP45 STUNK.  It didn't hold the pistol well at all.  

Good luck with your new product.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
[url=http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/bianchi/biandes/bianchit6500.htm] I have the Bianchi Pictured [/url] I like it. Not Level III, but I don't need level III retention.

Best of Luck!

Edited to fix a bad link.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
DEVL: The Safariland Model is 6004 932HK on mine. It is for the USP with HK's UTL light. It's level II retention, thigh rig. Works great so long as you have the light on the weapon. Without the light, it is a level 0 retention. The gun will lift out of the holster without rotating the hood at all if the light is not mounted. I know Blackhawk makes holsters for light mount handguns in nylon, and I think that Eagle does also.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top