Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2002 9:07:45 PM EDT
ive got one new ultradot and 2 aimpoints(never  fired) but none of them have a ROUND dot.

they seem to have a splat of about 2-3 dots with an moa that appears to be about 8 (each dot porbably a 3 or so)

i bought the aimpoints because i thought the dot on the ultradot was unclear. but the aimpoints are no better.

i was shooting one of the aimpoints on a G3 today for the first time and i could swear that after several rounds the splat did turn into a dot, but reverted back to a splat after the next recoil

is this splat  (that changes between some shots) normal or should it be a dot once and always..
is it the sight or is it my eyes??

pretty tough to shoot a decent group when the dot appears to be about 8 moa
and irregular rather than round

by the way i see this at all brightness settings that are bright enough to be useable in daylight
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you wear glasses?  I, too, notice the same (or similar) effect sometimes, but the dot looks normal when wearing contacts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Try lowering the brightness a notch or two to reduce the twinkle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My answer is this. It is mounted too close to your face, When I got a ReflexII the triangle looked like you described when i looked at it out of the box, Mounted out on the front of the rail it was fine, moved closer on the rail and it was bad again, You just need the right focal lenght for it and a low setting and it should be fine, Just my opinion.

Chrism101
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My Aimpoints dot looks like you describe when I'm not focusing on the target. I bet your looking at the dot rather than the target. Try to look "thru" the dot. It fixed it for me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Got an Ultradot on two of my uppers. Looks good to me. My wife fired one of these for the first time (she had never fired a rifle before) and had a nice tight group in the 10/X ring.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Leupold/Gilmore one inch tube with 2moa, and the dot isn't round either.  It does look different based on the intensity setting, and whether I have glasses on or not, but it's still not what I would consider round.  The second generation Holosight that I looked at at Bass Pro a year or so ago was the same.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You might have an astigmatism.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You might have an astigmatism.
View Quote

I know [i]I[/i] do, so that may be my problem.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny, my $29.99 4 moa dot in my 42 mm Blazer reddot is a perfect, round dot.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top