Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 5:49:46 AM EDT

Not the best picture, but I wanted to show off what I set up my carbine with. AAC 7 hole rail from Brownell's, M3 Illuminator from CMMG down at the Equip Exchange, KAC Vert Grip also from EE, Side Swivel from Pete in NH, DPMS BUIS, Reflex that I've had, KKF A3 Tac Brake, and fixed position stock. Handles great but picking up weight from all the toys. I'm done now and need a new project to keep me entertained.

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet.  You'll not have trouble keeping the possums out your garbage at night with that ;)  How is the KAC vert grip working for you?  Ordered the GG&G UFIR underrail and will have a similar setup.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Cleophis-
I know we both had the same questions as we were starting similar projects. Did you get your's squared away yet? Like to see which route you took when you're all done.

Thanks Guys,
M

P.S. I just joined up as a team member so with luck I'll have a pic with my user ID show up this time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
MkIII, I'll post a pic when everything comes in.  Kept the A2 stock on my 6601 preban lower because I have the 20 HBAR 1/7 upper I used for long range.  Have an Eotech 552 w/ARMS40 BUIS.  Real happy with that.  Should be getting anytime: KAC foregrip, GG&G UFIR to go on my M4 handguard, Surefire 6P w/antishock bezel, FOBUS flashlight mount (we'll see!).  Will probably get a pressure switch if needed.  I'll report back and let you know how it all comes together.  Will weigh more than my M1A when I'm finished ;)  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my GG&G UFIR and it sucks.  You did right with the Brownells rail.  I will have to drill out my M4 handguards to make it fit. An expensive mistake.
Cleophis
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Cleophis
What doesn't fit on your GG&G / M4 handgaurd set up? Are they Mil spec handgaurds? The UIFR fits my M4 handguards like a champ. I was guite pleased with mine.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
IPSC, the UFIR holes do not conform to my factory Colt M4 handguards nor standard length Colt handguards, nor Bushmaster shorty guards.  It does mate up with Colt slim carbine guards.  The rear hole requires reaming / drilling of the hole in the guard and aluminum shields.  No other way around it.  Others have had this problem as well.  The fine folks at GG&G need to TELL US THIS in their ad (i.e., "Our UFIR rail may not fit Colt M4 handguards or our quality control isnt that good, so drilling and fitting may be required").  I would have bought something else.  I've made the rail fit, but not after me and the Dewalt spent some time on the handguards.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top