Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2002 8:47:36 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

I thought I saw a post on this site a little while ago about using "SEAL" tape to attach a remote light switch (the short cable with pad type) to a vertical foregrip. I would like to do this with my AR but can't seem to find the post for specific info. If I remember correctly, "SEAL" tape is not much more than a piece of an inner tube but I would rather get specifics first.

BTW, I did do a search for this but I don't remember the title of the post or who posted to the thread. I really miss not having a more thorough search engine here. Any mods listening? :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 12:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Bicycle inner tube is great for such apps. Slip a piece of appropriate width around the handguard w/ the remote switch seated snugly under it - works really well. Tubing is also used on grips to enhance purchase.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Master_Blaster. I thought it was an inner tube.

In your reply you mentioned putting it around the handguard whereas I want to put it around the KAC vertical foregrip. It's been a while since I've looked at a bike inner tube closely but I don't think a bike inner tube will be tight enough around the foregrip considering its diameter. I could be wrong but I'm still going to go to a store and check it out.

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
MattB,
 Bicycle tubes come in different sizes. I.E. 10 speed, bmx mountain bike , etc. I'm sure you can find different ones out there. Check out my article on how to make these Ranger Bands at the Maryland ar15 website. There's tons of uses for them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
For the foregrip a 650 or 700 cm road bike inner tube should do the trick. A mtn. bike tube would be too big.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Synweap223, thanks for the reply. That's the site I saw the Ranger bands at. Thank you for directing me there. I had the link at work but not at home. I went down to the store and grabbed the thinnest bike tube I could fine (1 1/8") and it worked out perfect - I cut a piece long enough to cover almost the entire foregrip.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Matt_B,
 No problem man,glad to help. I've done a lot of stuff to my AR and other gear with these tubes, some of which I didnt post at MDAR15.These other Ideas I'm still testing to see how they work and I'll be sure to post them when I'm done.

My newest thing was a 4 inch long piece of tube that I cut a a 1 inch by 1/4 inch rectangle in. It covers my pressure pad for my light setup perfectly and COMPLETELY covers the rest of the cord for it. Nothing left to snag now.
]
 I really need to go the vert foregrip route soon tho. I tried it out last week on a friends M4 and MAN its comfy. Now to locate a cheap grip and a piece of weaver rail, HHMMM.....
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top