Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2022 6:40:36 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I just pulled this sling out from the bottom of my sling storage drawer and don't know what it is.  I think I bought it around 2013-2014 and never used it.  Has really nice looking tanodized aluminum glides and HK snap-hooks.  It's not in the current BFG catalog.  I was hoping there would be a model designation somewhere on the webbing, but the only info provided is BFG's cage code and phone number.  I think I originally bought it with intentions to use it with my SCAR, so I'm wondering if it was ever a standard issue sling for the Mk17 SCAR-H or perhaps a different gun.  Should I keep it?  Is it desirable as a discontinued item or potentially worth trying to sell it?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.  Cheers!

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the SOC-C sling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the SOC-C sling.
View Quote
Thanks!  I just did a search for "SOC-C" and you are correct.  Although most of the reviews and discussions seem to revolve around a QD socket version of this sling.  Not much discussion/info out there on the HK snap hook version.  I did, however, come across this YouTube vid by BFG demonstrating clearly how it converts from a 2-point to a 1-point sling on a SCAR:

2 to 1 Point Convertible Sling On SCAR Rifle Using SOC C Sling

I'm thinking I probably came across this same video back in 2014 when it was first published to YouTube, which is likely why 8 years later I am sitting here associating it with my SCAR.  For all the clone guys out there, is there any evidence of this being the "correct" sling for the SCAR at one point or another?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top