BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2021 6:01:05 PM EDT
Anybody ever use one of these?

Issues I've thought of:

1.  Does it change the point of impact?
2.  I'm always leery of anything that clamps to the barrel.  Seems like it would move around eventually no matter how tightly installed.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Issues I've thought of:

2.  I'm always leery of anything that clamps to the barrel.  Seems like it would move around eventually no matter how tightly installed.

View Quote

-POI will probably change.
-I wouldn't trust a clamp on Bayonet Mount. I'm even skeptical of bayonet mounts that come on those clamp on YHM Gas Blocks. I'm betting an installed bayonet would move it/rotate it since the bayonet would work like a lever.

The solution would be to pin it in addition to set screws. But if that's the case I would just get a pinned FSB/Gas Block installed and have a Dissy of sorts.

Maybe something like this:

Depending on your setup though it may not work out too well. The bayonet might have an issues with length (Like a carbine gas system and a 16" barrel).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I wouldn't fuck with an adapter. Just change the length of the bayonet. They can be made longer or shorter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid question time: If I buy that ring mount and have it pinned, will that effect the barrel at negatively with the alignment hole being drilled into the barrel?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Issues I've thought of:

View Quote

From a technical point of view:

1. The mount alone not enough to be noticed. With a bayo on sure.

2. While pinning is bomb proof.. some battle proven guns use roll pins (HK416) and clamp on (Steyr aug) without issue.
MilitaryMorons made a cool test years ago on clamp on gas block and found out they’re solid is installed correctly.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top