Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2021 2:51:00 PM EDT
Troy makes one. I know the deal, Troy sucks because...Besides they are unobtanium. I want a grip where the mount and the body of the grip are one piece. Who makes one? Wilson Combat does, it is 3" tall which is a little shorter than I want. Can probably work around that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Troy makes one. I know the deal, Troy sucks because...Besides they are unobtanium. I want a grip where the mount and the body of the grip are one piece. Who makes one? Wilson Combat does, it is 3" tall which is a little shorter than I want. Can probably work around that.
View Quote

There are a few retailers that have the Troy in stock. I used to use one in the short configuration before I switched to Mlok. It was a good foregrip. I really liked the knurled texture on it. Also, the mount and the main portion of the body are one piece. The extension and cap are threaded onto it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
LaRue LT-FUG
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LaRue LT-FUG
View Quote

The Larue LT-FUG doesn't have a 1 piece mount and body and is more expensive than the troy. The QD feature is nice though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
UTG. The Rodney Dangerfield of some grips and accessories, totally underrated

Edit: might be out of production

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Brugger & Thomet make a few different vertical grips
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Not aluminum but my favorite and rarely seen. I just sold one on EE today. Wilcox stubby.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It's either the Wilson or the Troy. The Troy is almost twice as much, but is a better unit and fits my vision for this build. It can be configured in 2 different lengths and has a storage compartment. The Wilson is shorter than I want and has no storage unless I modify it or cobble something. The YHM and UTG models are not monolithic.

This is going to be for my primary SHTF Rifle. I think it is going to be the Troy. They weren't in stock when I started looking, now they are.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's either the Wilson or the Troy. The Troy is almost twice as much, but is a better unit and fits my vision for this build. It can be configured in 2 different lengths and has a storage compartment. The Wilson is shorter than I want and has no storage unless I modify it or cobble something. The YHM and UTG models are not monolithic.

This is going to be for my primary SHTF Rifle. I think it is going to be the Troy. They weren't in stock when I started looking, now they are.
View Quote

Between those two, the Troy is definitely going to be the better option.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
How about the CQD® Tactical Hand Grip - Aluminum.

"The CQD Tactical Hand Grip was designed and tested to improve the operator/officer's weapons handling and marksmanship capabilities and since it is NOT made from plastic but rather formed from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum, it is virtually indestructible and will not break during hard use."

It is one of the few hand grips I actually liked.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
LMT sells one and it's currently on clearance for $9.99

https://lmtdefense.com/product/aluminum-vertical-foregrip/
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
UTG. The Rodney Dangerfield of some grips and accessories, totally underrated

Edit: might be out of production

https://fflone.com/app/uploads/sites/4/2020/02/UTGMNT-GRP001Q_2-1.jpg.
View Quote

Works surprisingly well but no respect.

This is the new one they make
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Get the LMT one if you want something closer to a broom stick.

The UTG one is a similar profile to the Magpul RVG/MVG
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Wilson did make one at one time, not sure if it’s still in production. It’s a stubby, pretty clean design.

Aluminum construction with steel fasteners.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Damage industries has a couple different aluminum options
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I know people hate Troy but I love that particular grip and have it on all of my AR15s. Check EBay and you can find them, they usually run 40-60 bucks
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
If you don't mind the integrated hand stop.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/collections/ar-collection/products/pre-order-modular-picatinny-foregrip-with-integrated-handstop?variant=14174887575613

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Damage Industries makes a couple.  I've bought plenty from them but never tried the grips.

A few on this page
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top