Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2021 11:09:41 PM EDT
Looking for the optimal sling, mount, vfg and mount for TLR-1 and tape switch.  Hoping for a one brand/one stop shop. Suggestions appreciated!

Haven't bought anything AR related in 7-8 years so I'm not up on the what's what
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the one stop deal.  

I like BCM MLOK QD socket on the top 45 degree rail, BCM aluminum rail section for the light, and a Magpul MVG is good and light.

My favorite slings are Blue Force Gear VCAS
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont think there's an objective "best" sling, vfg, etc for the platform. Tons of options that are highly capable depending on what you'd like out of the rifle.

I'll say this: you cannot go wrong with a Vickers two point sling. It's not the newest or most feature rich, but the thing just flat out works. You can mount it via QD, 550 cord, a Vickers uloop, HK hook, etc.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont think there's an objective "best" sling, vfg, etc for the platform. Tons of options that are highly capable depending on what you'd like out of the rifle.

I'll say this: you cannot go wrong with a Vickers two point sling. It's not the newest or most feature rich, but the thing just flat out works. You can mount it via QD, 550 cord, a Vickers uloop, HK hook, etc.
View Quote

I'm seeing blue force gear vickers. Is that it or a different unit?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm seeing blue force gear vickers. Is that it or a different unit?
View Quote
Same. The Vickers sling (VCAS) = BFG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same. The Vickers sling (VCAS) = BFG.
View Quote

Ok thanks much. I think I got most of what I needed on one shot. Headed over to BCM for the VFG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
For your needs might be best to shop at one of the big shops like Brownells that carry a lot of everything. But best of luck to you for finding it all in one shot, because of the obvious reasons.

But from what you mentioned, I'm a fan of Impact Weapons offset QD sling mount, offset scout or offset rail light mounts, Arisaka offset scot light mounts, Magpul VFG, and BFG Vickers two point slings. For pressure pad mounts, either a Modlite for Surefire or a Cloud Defensive for Surefire. I know Cloud makes pressure pad mounts for Streamlight but i am not sure if it with work for your TR1 as they were made for the Protac line from Streamlight.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top