Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2021 11:40:48 AM EDT
I ordered a arisaka indexer, but after installing my handguard I realized that the screw placement is not going to work. The gas block is preventing the second screw from locking in.

The arisaka indexer was perfect size. I want to put a stop in the last slot to prevent my fingers from going too far forward, being the handguard is close to the end of the barrel.

Anyone have a recommendation for a handstop that would work with this slot?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I know it is cheap but the UTG has become my favorite. Fits and feels great.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The dimensions might not allow it to work, but you could mill a partial slot towards the muzzle just large enough for the forward mounting screw. Drill and a round file would work. Structural strength could be a concern.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the magpul mlok handstop kit.  Maybe you can use parts of it to make something work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

This looks like it might work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Take a look at the magpul mlok handstop kit.  Maybe you can use parts of it to make something work.
View Quote

I will look into the magpul set.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This looks like it might work.
View Quote
I used it on one for the same reason as you and it worked well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used it on one for the same reason as you and it worked well.

https://i.imgur.com/SOjThJL.jpg
View Quote

The offset screw should line up perfectly. There is some clearance under the gas block, the screw tab is just barely too tall.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The offset screw should line up perfectly. There is some clearance under the gas block, the screw tab is just barely too tall.
View Quote
I think it would. You can install in either direction.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the railscales one - I believe it is single screw but unfortunately it is out of stock at the moment, but I plan on buying more when they are available:

https://railscales.us/karve-hand-stop/
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you able to just shorten your second screw by cutting it down with a dremel, or is the Mlok nut itself interfering? I've trimmed Mlok screws with success to fit in tight places.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you able to just shorten your second screw by cutting it down with a dremel, or is the Mlok nut itself interfering? I've trimmed Mlok screws with success to fit in tight places.
View Quote

It's the nut itself.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top