Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2021 12:01:27 PM EDT
I have a Neveske m-lok upper - I am presently using railscale G10s which I like a lot but I am looking for a beefier grip because the Noveske rail has a relatively small diameter.  I know rail scales make another product called the XOS but they specifically say it is not compatible with the Noveske rail.  Any other options for a railscale like product that will work with the Noveski rail and provide a beefier grip?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Centurion arms covers are probably a bit thicker, times three sides. Centurion Rail Covers
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  I will check them out!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Centurion arms covers are probably a bit thicker, times three sides. Centurion Rail Covers
View Quote

I tried these out and they worked pretty well as far as size goes.  But I wasn't a fan of the attachment method.  Basically they use a coarse screw to spread a plastic insert, a lot like a drywall anchor.  They wear out after a while.  I had the bright idea of using some countersink machine screws and T-nuts but the panels aren't flat on the back side.  They mate up to a curve in the "anchor" part of the attachment nut so I had to ditch that idea.  Really the biggest issue was I was using this on a pistol so my gas block kept getting in the way of how far the anchor sticks into the rail.  I ended up using the Manta silicone rubber wrap and it's a reasonable option.  Nice and thick, comfortable grip, and works well at mitigating heat on a skinny rail.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the input - I am surprised this is such a hard thing to find based on the proliferation of m-lok rails of all shapes and sizes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]
This may sound goofy and depends how weight sensitive you are.  How about mlok polymer rails and some covers for those?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I tried these out and they worked pretty well as far as size goes.  But I wasn't a fan of the attachment method.  Basically they use a coarse screw to spread a plastic insert, a lot like a drywall anchor.  They wear out after a while.  I had the bright idea of using some countersink machine screws and T-nuts but the panels aren't flat on the back side.  They mate up to a curve in the "anchor" part of the attachment nut so I had to ditch that idea.  Really the biggest issue was I was using this on a pistol so my gas block kept getting in the way of how far the anchor sticks into the rail.  I ended up using the Manta silicone rubber wrap and it's a reasonable option.  Nice and thick, comfortable grip, and works well at mitigating heat on a skinny rail.
View Quote

Mine wore out after a second range outing. I like generally like almost all Centurion products but those went straight to the trash bin.

OP, I like the Magpul Type 2's. Not too big, not too small and very grippy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I have been looking at those but I like the concept of rail scale - what I really want it something like what KAC sells for the URX 3.1 but with the railscale honey comb texture.  As I said, I am surprised there arnt a ton of options considers the open source nature of M-lok.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Update:  I went with railscale G10 XOS and it actually worked like a charm.  Very happy and exactly what I was looking for.  Something in between a regular rail and the KAC  3.1 rails grips.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The Railscales KOS are my favorite panels. They work well on the V7 magnesium hyperlite rails for both AR15 and AR10.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Railscales KOS are my favorite panels. They work well on the V7 magnesium hyperlite rails for both AR15 and AR10.

https://i.imgur.com/xjyoU9e.jpg
View Quote

After seeing your picture, I took a look at that sling mount as it intrigues me. How do you like it? Reason I am asking, I kind of got sticker shock at their site advertised price of $68
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

After seeing your picture, I took a look at that sling mount as it intrigues me. How do you like it? Reason I am asking, I kind of got sticker shock at their site advertised price of $68
View Quote

They are nice. Having a horizontal or angled socket is an improvement over the traditional sockets. I was using the Strike Industries angled QD sockets before these. The Strike ones are likely made in Asia and seem to work okay, but who knows how long they’d hold up. The fact that these match up with the railscales windows is a nice touch. Their G10 covers aren’t cheap either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are nice. Having a horizontal or angled socket is an improvement over the traditional sockets. I was using the Strike Industries angled QD sockets before these. The Strike ones are likely made in Asia and seem to work okay, but who knows how long they’d hold up. The fact that these match up with the railscales windows is a nice touch. Their G10 covers aren’t cheap either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you on the angled QD sockets. My go to are from IWC 45 degree 1913 offset, my only gripe while petty, is that I try to keep the tops of my tubes clean and clear. Yeah I know, function over form but still..

While browsing to see whom else might be making a horizontal, I saw that KAC is making one too and for much less to a degree.

Thanks for answering, I'm going to give one of these (Rail Scale or KAC) a try.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
IWC makes great stuff. They’re one of my favorite firearms companies. The angle is a bit different in use between it and the Railscales or Strike Industries design. Having the head of the QD angled back towards you makes the rifle carry better when slung. On the railscales model, you can also use them for a barricade support if needed.
That KAC model looks solid too.

Pairing the QD with a good sling like a Blueforce gear sling with the sewn in QD sockets is really nice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IWC makes great stuff. They’re one of my favorite firearms companies. The angle is a bit different in use between it and the Railscales or Strike Industries design. Having the head of the QD angled back towards you makes the rifle carry better when slung. On the railscales model, you can also use them for a barricade support if needed.
That KAC model looks solid too.

Pairing the QD with a good sling like a Blueforce gear sling with the sewn in QD sockets is really nice.
View Quote
So I have given this short conversation between us a lot of thought. I went with the KAC for cost and availability. I also decided to give this a try for the stock portion. Most of my SOPMOD's are B5 and if I like the LMT one, then I shall order more but for the B5's. I already have BFG Vicker's 2 points so I'm good to go there.

Thank you for your time. I like evolving.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top