Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2021 11:42:24 AM EDT
Seems like all the bipods I come across are for the old school sling attachment points.
Are there any for the new style push button QD style sockets ?
Don't really want to add a picatinny rail to the bottom of my tube.

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your handguard have m-lok slots?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No...

It is a Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. tube.
Has a 1/4-20 threaded hole, that I found a 1/4-20 threaded QD socket for (out of Israel of all places).
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen any bipod that uses a QD socket.

Wilson used to make a sling stud for the TRIM rails, but they discontinued them when they got rid of the old style of rail.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Crap, another accessory that I will have to make myself...
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you could use the 1/4-20 hole to bolt a section of rail to your hand guard and mount a bipod to that if you have to.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
How about this?  I have a similar one on the bottom of my handguard that I use for my Harris bipod.

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Sling-Swivel-Stud-14-Machine-Screws.html+

This is the 'old school' sling swivel you referenced, but it doesn't require a pic rail.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about this?  I have a similar one on the bottom of my handguard that I use for my Harris bipod.

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Sling-Swivel-Stud-14-Machine-Screws.html+

This is the 'old school' sling swivel you referenced, but it doesn't require a pic rail.
View Quote

That was my thought too, but I couldn't find anything with the same thread pitch as the rail. The Grovtec might work though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#8]
rzrsedge, I was trying to avoid stacking pieces.

Plasticseng, that may work!
Wilson put 1/4-20 tapped holes every inch along the bottom, I can just move the socket back a ways, and put that stud at the front.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
rzrsedge, I was trying to avoid stacking pieces.

Plasticseng, that may work!
Wilson put 1/4-20 tapped holes every inch along the bottom, I can just move the socket back a ways, and put that stud at the front.

Thanks !
View Quote

The more I look at that, the more it looks like mine that has a 10-32 thread.   I'm not sure I trust that description.  

I would think someone would make one with a 1/4-20 thread, but I don't see any that specifically call it out.

These may work.  If I am reading this right, you can snap them into your QD socket and then use a Harris style bipod on them.
https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/sling-swivel-studs/multi-adapter-studs-prod40171.aspx
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Didn't realize the first one was in Canada...
They want $20 just to ship it, kind of a turn-off.
Didn't think about them possibly screwing up a thread spec., but an e-mail would take care of that.
Did look at the GroveTec, may go with them, just want to find out how they are released.
Again, an e-mail will probably shed some light.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Found it...
Another hex key to carry around.
Damn-it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Novekse makes a flush-mount QD socket.

1/2 inch hole must be drilled, material thickness of less than 1/4 inch, 5/8 inch wrench, QD swivel. Permanent thread locker is recommended. Black.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Did look at the GroveTec, may go with them, just want to find out how they are released.
View Quote

The one thing that may be a problem, the one I see from them that is 1/4x20 isn't threaded all the way to the shoulder.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top