Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2020 3:03:24 PM EDT
Not an AR, but this subform seems to have more knowledge of all things sling related.

Right now on my Galil ACE SBR, I'm running a SIG MCX stock, with the hinge turned around, so it folds to the right, on a KNS Precision pic rail adaptor.  

I'm trying to come up with ideas for mounting a sling at the rear of the receiver, or on the stock hinge, that wont require drilling any holes in the receiver.

Right now I'm thinking maybe a paracord loop, or a BFG UWL jammed between the stock hinge and receiver end plate, or pinched in with the rail clamp, if it will fit.

Anyone got any other, better ideas?

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
550 cord loop
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
One idea would be to place one of these on the side of the receiver. I'd center the pin in the center of the QD socket hole so it could be removed pushed out in the future if needed. Drill & thread holes and secure it to the side of the receiver. People drill & thread shotgun receivers all the time for mounting picatinny rails with short screws so this should work just fine. If the receiver is too thin, you could use nuts on the inside if there's enough clearance.

Another idea could be to push out that pin, run a drill bit through there to the appropriate diameter if required, insert threaded screw, attach a threaded Magpul QD sling socket and tighten it up well with thread locker. You would likely have to buy a longer screw. That QD socket would protrude out the side. I like the previous method over this one.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#4]
A Proctor sling with paracord loops on the ends?

http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/proctor-sling/
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Prusik and square knots securing a loop of cord to your stock. Sling then attaches to the loop in any one of numerous ways.

A temporary or long term solution, yet nothing permanent. I've used this set up numerous times. It works well and requires only a length of cord, and a person intelligent enough to learn two knots. I've found a square and prusik work well together in numerous applications. For extra security on your square add a half hitch on each end.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prusik
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I would drill/ dremel a hole in the base of the pic rail, Bolt it back on and use a wire loop.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top