Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2020 11:44:27 AM EDT
Based on good advice from this forum, I acquired and use the Spiritus MF rig in my carbine training courses. It works for me.

I don't store the rig at home with loaded AR mags in the elastic mag inserts, as I assumed I would lose the elasticity over time in these inserts.

I solved the issue by just buying two more inserts for future use. But I wanted to know if you guys store your gear that has elastic retention in it, loaded and ready to go.

If I am overthinking this, I am an accountant and can't help it
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the same and love the minimalist system design.

Always keep three 3ea M4 mags and 2ea G19 mags loaded and ready to go at all times.

Mounted on a Mayflower APC so I just throw it on as I head out the door; pray that day never comes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They'll be fine as long as you don't stretch them out with sharp or bulky items(bulky radios, XL Big Gulp, etc.) Kydex inserts may give you more peace of mind though, among other small benefits.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Northcoast, can you give me some details on those inserts you have there?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run the same and love the minimalist system design.

Always keep three 3ea M4 mags and 2ea G19 mags loaded and ready to go at all times.

Mounted on a Mayflower APC so I just throw it on as I head out the door; pray that day never comes.
View Quote

How did you mount the Micro on the front of the Mayflower. I've been looking at the SCARAB LT carrier.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Northcoast, can you give me some details on those inserts you have there?
View Quote

I got those inserts from Arbor Arms, Esstac makes em too. Some Velcro Onewrap dividers keep them separated.
8492 KYWI dividers
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top