Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2020 2:57:05 PM EDT
I installed a UTG KeyMod Mounted BiPod on my wife's AR yesterday, and spent 2 hours today carefully drilling the damn KeyMod screws out because the Hex stripped into a beautiful circle.

I had read reviews on Amazon citing stripping heads, so I was even careful to not tighten it too much as we weren't sure of the position she would want it on the hand guard.

The left side screws were hard to remove, but with a loud "crack" they broke loose and came out. The right side, both of the screws stripped in seconds.

She likes the BiPod though, so I want to source screws that don't make it a permanent fixture.

The screws from my Strike Industries hand stop are the perfect match, but Strike Industries is out of stock of their replacement screw sets. Amazon has a bunch of sets available but I suspect they're going to be the same chinese crap I just fought with. "AR-Stoner" has a set of KeyMod screws, but your guess is as good as mine as to whether they're any good.

Anyone got a source I can trust?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
MLOK
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MLOK
View Quote

^^ This. MLok is really the better option here.

These AR-Stoner keymod screw and nut pack from Midway might be decent.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
MLOK
View Quote

Quoted:

^^ This. MLok is really the better option here.

These AR-Stoner keymod screw and nut pack from Midway might be decent.
View Quote

Not everyone follows the herd, some of us like keymod.

BCM
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not everyone follows the herd, some of us like keymod.

BCM
View Quote

There is nothing wrong with keymod as an attachment method, it just isn't as secure as MLok.

Also, OP is looking for replacement screws, not nuts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Local hardware store. Most likely will have YFS brand, they will work fine.

If you want the best get Holo Krome, US made.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top