Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2017 5:19:48 PM EDT
I never had a chest rig before.  Is one method better than the other?  Been using the old army suspenders and web belt.  I did buy a battle belt, but haven cared much for it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#1]
H is easier to get in and out of
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer H-Straps. However, if you're extremely skinny or extremely heavy set the X-Straps may adjust better to your body type due to X-Straps usually having more webbing to cinch/loosen up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Put enough weight on a chest rig and both styles will suck. That said, you have a few more options for adding back panels (think hydro carrier) with some of the H styles. If that's a concern, then I'd go H. I run a lightweight camelbak separately (not attached to the chest rig) so it doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
H.  Every single time....

However, X can work if you get the buckle setup that locks the X in one place in the center of your back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
X straps are what's up for any sort of distance movement
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
H type FTW

I have had several x type and had a friend make me a 2pc velcro backed square.
It would sandwich the straps where they form an X and hold them in position which made them a lot more comfortable for me.
But I eventually converted one to H and sold the other.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top