Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2017 3:38:02 PM EDT
I'm looking at finally getting a sling. I've looked around seen some that vary in price.  I've looked at the SOB slings that have hooks or ALG swivels, or Haley 3, Troy, the list goes on. Are there any to stay away from?
I like the idea of the swivel for attachment points on my rifles and preferably a 2 point, unless others think other selections are better.

thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the Proctor sling. Easy to attach, use, and adjust. Nothing extra to get in the way.
Proctor Sling
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Really like the Blue Force Vickers Sling.

Blue Force Gear
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/02/25/andys-leather-rhodesian-scout-sling/

https://www.andysleather.com/

If you like leather.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like Redwire Gear's sling. Link
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Viking Tactics Bungee Sling
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the suggestions, going to check all of them out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a Magpul MS1 with QD connectors.  I have my AR setup so that I can 1 or 2 point it as needed.

With MS1 you get the connectors that you need.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like the Proctor sling. Easy to attach, use, and adjust. Nothing extra to get in the way.
Proctor Sling
View Quote
I'll second this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use a Magpul MS1 with QD connectors.  I have my AR setup so that I can 1 or 2 point it as needed.

With MS1 you get the connectors that you need.
View Quote
This is what I have and like it
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I always end up going back to the VTAC and or Vickers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone have or heard any feedback about Shrek's slings?
Kind of drawn to them, but i'm looking at the proctor right now and Vikings.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for the MS1 sling from Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Vickers
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks to all that responded to opie.  I have been looking for a sling for my AR for a few months and it's hard to drill down on crap goog searches that want to sell you something, anything, just buy buy buy.

I kicked slings around echoing in my head all day with the intent of ordering tonight.  Went to Blue Force and tried to order.

On their site my card was declined, the bank said they didn't see an attempted transaction.

Losing interest again...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Magpul MS-1.  This sling is amazing...the slider on it works like butter.  This is the only sling I have where it can be snugly locked onto my back, and within 1 second have it out and aiming on target.  Then, in about 1.5 seconds, I can have it snugged up on my back again.  I now get one of these for every rifle I carry.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks to all that responded to opie.  I have been looking for a sling for my AR for a few months and it's hard to drill down on crap goog searches that want to sell you something, anything, just buy buy buy.

I kicked slings around echoing in my head all day with the intent of ordering tonight.  Went to Blue Force and tried to order.

On their site my card was declined, the bank said they didn't see an attempted transaction.

Losing interest again...
View Quote
Slings are like holsters, buy several, used, try them, sell off the ones you hate, keep a couple, and eventually you'll have one (or a few) that you really like, or hopefully one that you love.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magpul MS-1.  This sling is amazing...the slider on it works like butter.  This is the only sling I have where it can be snugly locked onto my back, and within 1 second have it out and aiming on target.  Then, in about 1.5 seconds, I can have it snugged up on my back again.  I now get one of these for every rifle I carry.
View Quote
This above, I really like the Magpul slings.  I have a couple Vtac as well but only use them on a hunting rifle and 10/22.  The biggest difference for me between the two is that the Magpul is 10 times softer/ more pliable.  If you will only be using it with gear/ a vest either will be fine.  If you are going to be using it with a t-shirt/ any thin shirt, I say go with the Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Proctor Sling
View Quote
FPNI

I use a Proctor sling on every rifle except my SPR build, which has a TIS Quick-cuff sling. Proctor sling is simple, lightweight, no additional hardware needed to attach it, and <$30
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Love the Vickers padded sling, will be buying a couple more soon.

I am sure you would be happy with any of the suggested ones.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Slings are like holsters, buy several, used, try them, sell off the ones you hate, keep a couple, and eventually you'll have one (or a few) that you really like, or hopefully one that you love.
View Quote
Thanks again guys.  I just ordered a Vickers padded.  I have a Rem 700 with an El Cheapo sling so there's an excuse to try another on another payday.

Vickers was out of swivels so I'm trying the Magpuls.

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I've always been a VCAS fan and have several but just recently purchased a Magpul MS1.  I haven't used it much but initially I am liking the material and slider on the MS1 a lot!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
yup nicest basic 2 point sling for the money
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought the padded Blue Force sling and really like it.  I'm using the swivels I pictured above and looks to be a good combo.

AT 5'8" and shrinking, the sling seems a bit long for me.

Has anyone found this to be the case and shortened it?  Also I have an 18" S2W DDM4V11.  The gun balances pretty far forward from the heavier, longer barrel.  Has anyone mounted their sling further up the rail using an (M Lok or Key Mod) adapter?

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I just ordered an MS1 for my .243 Rem 700.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes, I prefer mounting my sling all the way at the front of the rail.  That will take up some of your extra sling, too.

I don't know of a good way to shorten the padded VCAS.  You can shorten the non padded model, but most folks wear them long/loose.  I prefer to keep mine drawn up tight to my chest, as I do a lot of hunting from an ATV and don't want it bouncing around and pinching me.  If you are walking (and not doing anything else that requires both hands) it is easier and more comfortable to keep it long.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#27]
i have a few vickers, couple larue, and two magpul slings (2 into 1) all qd. i use them for different guns depending on length and how each is set up
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes, I prefer mounting my sling all the way at the front of the rail.  That will take up some of your extra sling, too.

I don't know of a good way to shorten the padded VCAS.  You can shorten the non padded model, but most folks wear them long/loose.  I prefer to keep mine drawn up tight to my chest, as I do a lot of hunting from an ATV and don't want it bouncing around and pinching me.  If you are walking (and not doing anything else that requires both hands) it is easier and more comfortable to keep it long.
View Quote
Thanks Beef.  I ordered the MAG337 to move the front QD up the rail.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
1. BFG/Vickers
2. Magpul
3. VCAS

That's really all you need to be looking at.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
1. BFG/Vickers
2. Magpul
3. VCAS

That's really all you need to be looking at.
View Quote
1 and 3 are the same.  Did you mean VTAC?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Any opinions on the Haley Strategic D3 Sling?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure it's a fine sling, but I can buy 3 Proctor slings for 3 rifles at the cost of one D3 sling.

It's your money, spend it as you see fit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Really like the Blue Force Vickers Sling.

Blue Force Gear
View Quote
This!
You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.  I have one Haley D3, and wanted to like it.  I have 3 VCAS padded, and like everything about them, other than all the extra webbing (I am 5'7" with possibly the world's shortest arms).  I really loved the "lack of extra bulk" of the D3, but find the edges of the sling to be uncomfortable, as in sharp and digging into any skin.  The "pad" is not very padded, and not matter how I adjust the sling, the connector/tri-glide that the "barrel end" of the sling that mates with the other QD to convert it to a single-point sling either sits on, or digs into, my right collar bone.  It may just be my weird physical geometry, but the VCAS is way more comfortable (I have neurological problems in my C-spine, comfortable is a big deal for me).  However, the VCAS has a lot of extra webbing and buckles IMHO.  If the Haley was made of the same "webbing" as the VCAS, with a little thicker padding, it would be awesome.  I will stick with the Vickers for now.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm a fan of the simple IDF sling. I have attached via paracord around part of the FSB and through the slot on my six position carbine stock. It's wide so it's comfortable after extended use. Not very fancy, but very practical.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
i got a Ms4 and like it, but i tried (and got) a vickers padded sling and omg its amazing.  Definitely get the padded version.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I just ordered the IDF sling from IWeapons. I haven't had it in the field yet, but as of right now it is simple yet it works. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. Pretty much same for me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I've got a Magpul MS3 and now an MS4.  

Both are excellent slings for the AR-15 platform.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/slings-and-sling-mounts/ms4-dual-qd-sling-gen2
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Original VTac sling. 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#42]
VTAC Hybrid would be my choice though I've never owned it.

Owned the original since they were released. AWESOME design.

Get the rubber pull tab, plastic hardware, padded.

using a Proctor/WOTG now  very simple but the VTAC provides more options
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top