Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2016 1:38:17 PM EDT
long time single point sling guy, had them on my AR's and AK's...just got back into the AR platform and alot has changed... I decided on a mid length gas system dissipator upper.  my rifle has the MOE full length HG, what are my options for a tactical quick adjust two point sling set-up? I would like a reasonably priced two point sling... where should I attach and how? thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul makes a QD and "paraclip" 1pt-2pt sling, giving you both options. But it is going to be what is on your preference list. Is the ability to go both 1pt and 2pt a high priority? Or just 1pt or 2pt only? Do you want to buy add-on items top attach to the rail or use the front sling swivel pictured on the sight/gas block? Do you want to attach to the stock or do you have/want to add a rear lower receiver mount?

I run the Magpul MS4 (dual QD points, with 1pt-to-2pt ability) with a sling mount on the rail and a rear receiver mount. As I do not have an A2 front sight post, I had to use an add-on point (though when I ordered the upper, BCM included it with my order for free). My lower has the rear mount and I use that point as my main attachment point, because that is what I feel works best for me. That is the key, what works for you to accomplish the objective?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
wow alot of choices... I have always run the sling plate at the rear of the receiver for my single point slings... after doing some reading and watching videos I think I am looking at  just the 2 point sling option... I might try the rear attachment on either the stock or the rear of the receiver to see what fits better... as for the front attachment I am leaning towards a side mount maybe back a bit from the FSB... I really don't care for this MOE front HG so I might upgrade to a "drop in" rail or keymod... this is all still new ground for me... I am used to a KISS platform and have never run lights or lasers.. but hey..that might change too!
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly, with my first AR15 (a Bushmaster MOE) I wasn't very fond of the weird handguards either. As for MLOK or Keymod (KM), either will work if you decide to not use a quad/picatinny rail. You stated that you've never ran a light on the rifle. There have been MAJOR improvements in weapon lights, and I highly recommend any duty type (ie: including a home defense firearm) to have at least a light. Lasers are overkill in my opinion (due to my usage parameters).

I planned a rifle out for a whole year (select a part for these reasons, see if there is something better for a specific goal), so I know what you mean on choices. You can always try one method, if it works keep it and try another, or if it doesn't you sell the stuff that doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly... you've already got the most secure, sturdy, way to mount your sling. The sling loops. QD is ok (I do NOT use them on my HD/SD rifles), but they add another link to an otherwise simple set up. I'd (and do) just use the front mil spec sling loop, and the rear slot in the stock. Use a Magpul MS1 and you're GTG. Simple, sturdy, nothing to break/snap off/come loose.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly... you've already got the most secure, sturdy, way to mount your sling. The sling loops. QD is ok (I do NOT use them on my HD/SD rifles), but they add another link to an otherwise simple set up. I'd (and do) just use the front mil spec sling loop, and the rear slot in the stock. Use a Magpul MS1 and you're GTG. Simple, sturdy, nothing to break/snap off/come loose.
View Quote

I agree with this. In addition, you might want to at least look at the Redi-Mag 1.2 convertible sling. It will quickly attach/detach from the sling loops and stock slot, can easily convert from 2 pt to 1 pt and has a quick adjust for length. Watch the video...it works as well as they depict.  I love mine. I run 2 pt, cinch it up tight when not in use, but can loosen and be ready to shoot in about 1 second.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#6]
VTAC padded sling.  It's well worth the price...especially after toting your bang stick around the range for a 2 Day Carbine course.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top