Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2015 7:56:53 PM EDT
My birthday was last weekend the rib wants to get me something. I currently have a birdcage in the end but I am considering upgrading it. After a lot of googling I would like a product that is one of the hybrid or combo devices. Specifically the m4 sd ii flashcomp caught my eye and seems to have good reviews. The field seems a lot stronger than it used for muzzle devices, with pieces like the battlecomp, dynacomp and others leading the pack. This is going on a .223 16in reece type gun with a leupold 1.5-5 German #4

In the end I am ultimately looking for a few things
1) something that will mitigate muzzle rise
2) something that has decent flash hiding capabilities
3) something that could be used as a suppresor host, this one isn't critical but who knows when I'll hit the lotto

So please educate on what is "in" these says and what can meet my needs
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I came to the same conclusion in my hunt for a hybrid muzzle device. Just know there isn't really such a thing. Think of a flash comp as a less disturbing muzzle break as apposed to a flash hider that mitigates recoil.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure some products will be a better than flashider and mildly mitigate recoil and vice versa. And no product will 100% do both. I'm just looking for that happy medium

JBP, did you end up with the flashcomp? If so do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm also looking for a hybrid muzzle device, with a happy medium between hiding flash and reducing felt recoil, all while not being too expensive.

My top picks are the SF Warcomp, Griffin Flash Comp, Precision Armament AFAB mini, and the VG6 Epsilon. A KAC MAMS would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]

http://www.cobratacsystems.com/collections/muzzle-brake-devices/products/ar-223-phantom-cage-muzzle-brake-pressure-reducer-1-2x28-pitch-thread#oid=1002_1

I am super impressed with this YHM Phantom clone flash hider I put on my brother's build! Very nicely made, nice dark blued finish, and it works great, and 1/3 of the price...on sale now for 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Griffin flash comp.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Loving my BCM comp.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Loving my BCM comp.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Loving my BCM comp.
View Quote

I love mine as well As a someone said in a review, the BCM does a great job of being a "jack of all trades" comp. Not only does it perform well, it looks good too. An added feature for you is with the BCM Comp Mod 0, you can also quick mount any suppressor that quick mounts to an A2 Flash Hider. Also, it's $90 direct from BCM, which is almost half of a Battlecomp.

BCM Mod 0 Comp

BCM Mod 0 Comp Demo

BCM Mod 0 vs Battlecomp 2.0 Comparison

I think I'm a little partial though since it came free mounted on my upper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Loving my BCM comp.

I have this and I like the Dynacomp better. I just the got the new Dynacomp 2 from Spikes for another rifle but have not mounted it yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Battlecomp 2.0 and love it. I purchased it NIW from a member of this site on the EE for a good price. Highly recommend that you at least look into the Battlecomp line of brakes. That said, there are a lot of good brakes you can choose from and not go wrong.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top