Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 8:19:56 PM EDT
Hi All,

wil be building a ground up mid length soon and the most difficult decision for me is what stock to use.  For the past week I've been looking at the sopmod, but think a fixed stock like an a2 would be more consistent.  

My dilemma is  since I shoot with my nose on the charging handle, I  position my current car stock in the collapsed position.  I feel an a2 stock would be too long.

Is there a calculated lop based on height?  I'm 5'7" if that helps..

Thanks and regards
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A2 is horrible for guys our size unless your knuckles drag on the ground when you walk...

A1 is a little bit shorter:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/buttstockassemblygroupa1newblack.aspx

Otherwise the SOPMOD or VLTOR A5 or Magpul UBR are great adjustable options.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  The Vltor looks nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
A fixed stock that is approximate to a fully collapsed stock is the Entry stock sold by RRA and a couple others:
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=299

The ACE Entry stock is popular as well:
http://www.star15.com/arfx-e_skeleton_stock.html

Another option that I am partial is the Sully stock.  It is approximate to one position out from closed on a 6-pos stock
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Great thanks,
I really like the look of the RRA Entry. After some reading I feel the fully collapsed position is the best for me.  I think the fixed stock is very classic, although I understand giving up lop options and storage compartments.
Lol these decisions are tough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great thanks,
I really like the look of the RRA Entry. After some reading I feel the fully collapsed position is the best for me.  I think the fixed stock is very classic, although I understand giving up lop options and storage compartments.
Lol these decisions are tough.
View Quote

The nice part is the modularity of the platform. Legos for adults. If you try something and don't like it, throw it in the spare parts bin or sell it on the EE and try something else. My constant experimenting makes the Samich Maker roll her eyes but it takes some trial and error to find the "perfect" set up for your tastes/needs.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top