Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:37:20 PM EDT
I made this homemade sling using a M16 Silent Sling, some paracord and electrical tape. Will work good enough until I can get a real Proctor sling.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks functional.  A write up with links to materials used, and a step by step kind of thing may be useful.  I'd read it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My sling is a Winchester black nylon web sling + the strap off my bowling bag + a carabiner off a Fobus one point + a black and green shoelace that was braided so it's 3 x thicker.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What no quick adjuster?

JK Good job.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, I made one too

And a quick adjust
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool DIY setups.  Initially I didn't think the quick adjust function in a rifle sling was that big a deal.  It just seemed like more of a combat/SWAT kind of thing on the surface.  However, since living with one for a short period now, that ability to quickly snug or loosen to fit clothing and conditions as they change is downright awesome.  While hunting and walking around when temps change and wearing a hydration pack, it's just too damned easy to tug on the slider for a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a real Proctor sling today. Looking forward to it arriving . I got a black one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Heat shrink?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thick wall heat shrink with adhesive on the D ring and a special high temp polyurethane tubing on the 550 cord for adjustments.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top