Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2014 1:53:53 PM EDT
My new Colt CR6724001 came in last week!! I'm already in love with the gun and love the feel of it. I bought 1000 rounds and a few clips and threw a vortex strike fire on it that i use on my turkey shotgun and shot it a bunch before I had to leave for college. I don't want to get any fancy or flashy accessories, but I am looking for a good bipod with a quick detach attachment on it. What do you guys run and what do you suggest. I will be using the gun for bench/target shooting and coyote hunting primarily. Thank you in advance!" />
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Harris, plain non swivel is fine for bench fun as the feet spin.
And "clips"???
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha, my mind automatically assumed he meant strippers...

Buy a Harris bipod if you're poor.  Buy an Atlas if you want the best.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
GG&G for the win. I do not have this one yet, but it will be the next one I own. Lots of optios for mounting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.

Just buy a Harris, or buy an Atlas to post cool pictures on a website.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I own or have owned several of each.  I often don't have the luxury of loading a Harris, and it does make a difference on shots.  A Harris off a hard surface like a car roof/hood or even the ground will bounce like a pogo stick.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Blackhawk Sportster Pivot and Twist

I have this on my pig hunting gun and love it!  It's extremely solid and the pivot and traverse is a freaking great feature!  Just have to buy a $10 picatinny adapter.  Give it a look see if interested in saving a little $$ compared to some of the others.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Just run a Harris or clone is an inexpensive QD adapter with a side thumb screw.  You can install or remove the bipod in seconds.  It is rock solid steady and cheap.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Harris all day. Just put one on my new Noveske Project Ares.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

What he said, go with harris.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Noveske makes a tripod/ling mount for your alpha rail.  I've one on mine and it works fine.

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/trx-sling-stud-bi-pod-mount
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The LaRue customized Harris with the integrated picatinny mount is the way to go.  It won't loosen like the standard Harris sling swivel mounts.  

If you want a semi permanent install, a standard noch-leg swivel Harris bipod on a standard sling stud works well if you use a little loctite, but zi'd still recommend the LaRue customized Harris for the long run.

Short is best for bench tables and 20 round mags, Medium height for tall grass, 30 round mags, or downhill slopes.   Pickup an accuracy 1st rear sandbag from LaRue while you're at it and learn to shoot with a rear bag.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Atlas is the way to go.  Built like a tank, they have a QD mount and swivel.  Pricey but worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have only ever used an Atlas bipod and can't say enough good things about it, it takes a somewhat minimalist approach and is built with quality components. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It can also be customized to fit your situational needs with different foot plates, leg extensions, etc.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top