Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:00:39 PM EDT
Not sure what the difference between Micro Slick and Cerakote, but am wondering which parts would be best suited for either coating.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
None.

Unless of course you want to paint your rifle, then I'd go with Cerakote.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
micro slik is self lubricating, and is thinner than cerakote. I have microslik on my bcg, small screws, pins, forward assist.

any part, other than the trigger assembly and springs, that has tolerances too tight for the thickness of Cerakote got micro slik.

They don't take much lube to stay running.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not sure what the difference between Micro Slick and Cerakote
View Quote

Micro Slick comes in a single color (grayish), and is designed primarily for corrosion resistance with some lubricating properties.  Cerakote comes in over a 100 colors and is designed for corrosion resistance as well but mostly for customizing the color of your firearm.

Examples of common things coated with Micro Slick.  Complete BCG, pistol barrels, other moving parts in the firearm.

Examples of common things coated with Cerakote. Upper/Lower AR receiver, quad rail, rifle barrels, pistol frames, pistol slides, rifle furniture, etc.

Hope that helps clear it up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an FCG coated in Microslick and it works just fine.  The old finish is blasted off prior to coating so the thin Microslick just replaces the standard coating on the trigger, hammer and disconnector.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They don't take much lube to stay running.

View Quote
so in objective terms what would that be???

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top