Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2013 3:58:18 PM EDT
Saw this AR End Plate Dual Loop on Amazon and it has pretty good reviews.  Is there a better way to go about allowing sling mounting on either the primary or off side shoulder position?  For 6 bucks this seems like a pretty reasonable way to try a couple of different sling positions so I think I'm gonna give it a try unless anyone thinks this thing has some drawbacks of some sort.  I'd appreciate any feedback, whether it is positive or negative.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people don't like those side loop endplates, as they can interfere with your thumb/finger (if ambi) while trying to swipe the safety off with a high grip. IMHO, the best option is a QD endplate (such as Noveske, DD, Damage Indust, GG&G, etc). These are streamlined (no protrusions to snag anything or interfere with operation) and they locate the pivot point directly in the middle under the barrel nut, so they are ambi without having to disconnect/reconnect.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some people don't like those side loop endplates, as they can interfere with your thumb/finger (if ambi) while trying to swipe the safety off with a high grip. IMHO, the best option is a QD endplate (such as Noveske, DD, Damage Indust, GG&G, etc). These are streamlined (no protrusions to snag anything or interfere with operation) and they locate the pivot point directly in the middle under the barrel nut, so they are ambi without having to disconnect/reconnect.
View Quote

Good info to know.  I definitely don't want interference with my finger, that would be majorly problematic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good info to know.  I definitely don't want interference with my finger, that would be majorly problematic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like my MASH hooks, I use the loop end plates.  Daniel Defense makes a nice low profile ambidextrous single point sling mount end plate.  Will edit to add photo.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
A word about QD adapters at the back of your receiver:

I use the Noveske QD end-plate sling adapter on both of my ARs. However, I put one on my wife's rifle, and when I checked it, closing the stock caused the sling to detach at the rear point. This in turn caused the rifle to drop, butt first, onto the floor with the muzzle pointed directly at - and about 6 inches away from - my man parts. Happily the gun was unloaded.

Be very careful with any QD attachment points. If you want to go with a Noveske QD mount at the back of the receiver, put a QD sling loop in it and close the stock all the way. If part of the stock pushes in the button, you are seriously jeopardizing your reproductive health.  In this situation I'd suggest using something like a DD or VLTOR end-plate (if you can live with a QD attachment) or the Troy OEM-4 (if you can't). I really like the Troy OEM-4 but you need a certain kind of wrench to get it on and even then you can bugger up your safety detent spring if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A word about QD adapters at the back of your receiver:

I use the Noveske QD end-plate sling adapter on both of my ARs. However, I put one on my wife's rifle, and when I checked it, closing the stock caused the sling to detach at the rear point. This in turn caused the rifle to drop, butt first, onto the floor with the muzzle pointed directly at - and about 6 inches away from - my man parts. Happily the gun was unloaded.

Be very careful with any QD attachment points. If you want to go with a Noveske QD mount at the back of the receiver, put a QD sling loop in it and close the stock all the way. If part of the stock pushes in the button, you are seriously jeopardizing your reproductive health.  In this situation I'd suggest using something like a DD or VLTOR end-plate (if you can live with a QD attachment) or the Troy OEM-4 (if you can't). I really like the Troy OEM-4 but you need a certain kind of wrench to get it on and even then you can bugger up your safety detent spring if you're not careful.
View Quote

WOW that sounds like the QD can be a major safety liability!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Inexpensive and solid I kick Hippies

or expensive and solid/fancy Phase5 REVO sas
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top