Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2013 3:26:07 PM EDT
I bought a GG&G qd endplate, but it doesnt work with any of my qd's at all. It works fine off the rifle but it seems like its not thick enough to hold the qd in. A little tug and it comes right out. I have tried it on one other rifle and its the same thing. Are there lowprofile qd's ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
What qd's are you using? Although qd's are "standard", there are still some minor variances between them. Are you sure you have the qd enplate facing the right way? If you look inside the qd hole in the endplate, the thinner (less deep) lip faces outward (the thicker portion faces inward). If you place it in backwards, there may not be enough space behind the endplate for the swivel to fully lock in (the qd swivel could bottom out behind the endplate before the qd's ball bearings seat into the cut out). Check and make sure the endplate face outward (thinner lip inside hole facing out). You would think the thicker portion faces out, for more strength, but it's the opposite due to clearance issues.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using the qd's that are on my vtacs sling. They dont bottom out when inserted. They still stick out about a 1/16" or so and the ball bearings on the qd dont sit all the way under the lip. Yes i am sure the endplate is on the correct way. I habe tried it on both a billet and forged lower and it is the same. I have also tried a qd from that came with my tavor and they stick out as well. The qd's work fine when connected to my rail and to the stock. However if i want to make it a single point i cant since it wont seat all the way in the endplate.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, i talked to GG&G today on the phone. According to them, it only works with milspec lowers. The hole behind the endplate has to be a certain depth in order for it to work. So my Mega billet lower and PSA lower are not milspec. They said i could file down the qd a bit (which i have tried and the metal isnt thick enough to get it down where it will lock in) or i have to use it on a milspec lower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Instead of filing on the qd's themselves, I'd try a DD qd end plate instead. The DD places the socket more rearward of the receiver, rather than into it, as most do. It won't be as flush as the others, and will cause more stock interference, but looks like it would be your solution.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well i am gonna have to try something else since i dont want to buy my next lower based on what endplate i would like to use. I am going to see what else i may be able to do other then filing the qd down. Then i will proceed with an endplate that will work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I had this exact thing happen with a GG&G rear QD point on my Benelli M2. Could not get any QD loops to work with it. The inside groove is apparently too shallow so the rollers don't lock.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I was able to fix it. I drilled a little bit out behind the emdplate on the reciever. I kept checkibg for fitment until it sat flush and locked up. Then i touched it up with some black paint.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I had to switch to a noveske end plate for a problem like this. The recess was not deep enough in one of my lowers (AGP Arms) . It worked fine on a different lower (Firebird Precision)
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately when i was looking for and endplate most of the ones such as DD or Noveske were all OOS. I was able to make it work and since the material that was removed is behind it, its not going to be noticeable.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top