Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2013 5:58:38 AM EDT
looking at blue force gear and magpul ms3.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Comfy is relative, however the padded VTAC is tough to beat. I found the MS3 lacking in adjustability....not quite enough length and as smooth as a Vickers, but excellent at being a single point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the ms3 on 2 of my rifles and have been very happy with them. Get the ASAP plate and one of magpuls sling attachments (I just have the moe attachment) and your ready to roll.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Comfy is relative, however the padded VTAC is tough to beat. I found the MS3 lacking in adjustability....not quite enough length and as smooth as a Vickers, but excellent at being a single point.
View Quote

/\ this
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
VTAC all the way.  I have 2 and love them.  You can get an attachment for the sling to be aboe to make it a 1 point QD
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Padded VTAC with an IWC 2 into 1 triglide.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want a high-end sling, consider Savvy Sniper.
They can customize a sling for whatever you need, check out their website.
I think they start out around $75 and you can upgrade from there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with this set-up described in this video and love it. Going to do the same with my Benelli M4.

Vickers
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

X100
All my VTacs and LaRue 2pt are now converted single pt.  Padded single pt slings rocks
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#10]
HIT Sling Mk II has options available for both the warfighter and the casual or sports shooters.  Very comfortable and versatile and available in black.

The introduction video on their page doesn't look the greatest, I will say this sling has changed the way I think about them.  Distinctly different tactile sensations allow the operator, or user, to easily distinguish between the cinch strap and release and the QD is easy to grab and release, as long as you are pulling straight.  Ambidextrous with built in retention and self silencing, no rattle!

Certainly worth the look if you are looking at high end slings.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I mean, if wasting time to go from two point to one point by having to reattach your forward QD is considered fast and easy, then by all means pick up the VTAC.  Remember, for those of you who never served a day, under duress and extreme stress your fine motor skills become not so fine.  With the hit sling mk II, it's a simple tug and go, as it was designed as a one point sling first and foremost.  Had a VTAC, never again.  If it's not HIT Sling Mk II by Advanced Gunslinger Armament or a Blue Force, I'm not interested.

You can always make your own sling.  It's not difficult at all.  AGA also sells sling accessories.  If you want the patent pending silenced HK hook or Mash hook, can be ordered for only a few bucks.  I've spend a few more dollars than I'm willing to admit on slings, none of them compare with the HIT Sling.  No pissing around with this attachment or that to get the rifle into the fight, or competition.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Arfcom delivers
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the way to go, very comfortable and easy to switch to a 1 point if need be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This is the way to go, very comfortable and easy to switch to a 1 point if need be.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This... + a quick detach buckle = Larue Tactical Padded Sling. Quite the bargain too when you consider they are throwing in two QDs.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top