Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2013 4:55:55 PM EDT
GG&G and Bobro Engineering.

WTF is the difference besides online pricing.

Are they the same design and same source Mfg or am I missing something?

I know I want either just trying to figure out which is the best value for the $ considering I will spend >$200

Also seems like Bobro may have some issues with distributors as I noticed Rainier Arms doesn't show them anymore on their website.

Somebody tell me whats up please!

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the Bobro & GG&G bipods.

I see that Bobro lists them on their site again but now as not in stock as before it was listed as in coming soon. Also they now show the picture with the old  thumb screw mount without the spring loaded legs but describe it as "BLAC system"

Frankly, I don't find the need to quickly remove the bipod from my precision AR, YMMV.

If the QD is something you can't live without the Bobro is the one you want, otherwise the GG&G will do fine, just without the QD & spring loaded quick deploy legs!

Comparison

Early Bobro/GG&G: Top
Bobro: Bottom

Not my pic, I would have compared mine side by side but they are all locked away.  IIRC, my Brobo is different from the bottom one as it has a knob to adjust the tension to keep it level similar to the top pic.

:

Edit:

GG& G now shows different versions of their bipod: std & hd models w/wo qd options. http://www.gggaz.com/tactical-bipods.html

IIRC, it was designed by Bobro for them, or the rights to make it were licensed/sold to them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I will go with the GG&G as it seems the best deal for the cost and in stock.

Cheers!

Con-Sol
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!

I will go with the GG&G as it seems the best deal for the cost and in stock.

Cheers!
Con-Sol
View Quote

I like the Bronco man
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top