Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2013 11:40:16 AM EDT
First off is this the standard for them: "Push Button QD 1.25" Quick Detach Sling Swivel" ?

http://www.amazon.com/Push-Button-Quick-Detach-Swivel/dp/B005LA5C2K

And would this generic one do just fine?  Or is there a big quality difference from the one that the big mfg's are offering for $15 a pop?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used a couple of the cheaper swivels, and so far they have help up as well as the expensive ones.
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been poking around at these and read a few complaints that many of them are not true 1 1/4" sling swivels, i.e. a full 1 1/4" across the flat portion.

Is that correct?

I'm asking because I'm looking for one that I can thread a USGI cotton web sling through, the kind with the metal tab at the end.
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, sometimes you can fish the GI sling tab through sideways (they're wider than they are deep) and if that fails you can get it through a 1" swivel by opening and removing the tab, fishing the bare end through, and then slipping the tab back on and pounding it flat again with a hammer.  

With the good swivels the tab fits through with no fuss, but you can get a GI sling through anything with a little determination.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've been poking around at these and read a few complaints that many of them are not true 1 1/4" sling swivels, i.e. a full 1 1/4" across the flat portion.

Is that correct?

I'm asking because I'm looking for one that I can thread a USGI cotton web sling through, the kind with the metal tab at the end.
yup you info is right on, that's the problem  I cant tell immediately from that amazon link that they are cheating on the actual diamater, it might just make 1.25 but I would not bet on it. I believe I own one of those and if your sling has any metal tabs on it that cant crease to fit through exactly like the usgi your gonna want to smash that stupid swivel with a sledge and then melt it into slag if its all you have the day befoe a match...

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is that correct?
yup you info is right on, that's the problem  I cant tell immediately from that amazon link that they are cheating on the actual diamater, it might just make 1.25 but I would not bet on it. I believe I own one of those and if your sling has any metal tabs on it that cant crease to fit through exactly like the usgi your gonna want to smash that stupid swivel with a sledge and then melt it into slag if its all you have the day befoe a match...

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I would also suspect the Amazon swivels don't have a manganese phosphate finish and/or SS balls (!) they are just blued and mild steel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, we ordered one of the cheap, parkerized ones from Botach and the 1.25" USGI cotton sling fit through it just fine.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top