Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2012 8:29:34 AM EDT
Hi All,

I'm looking to build my own single point sling, but have never used one, so I need some lengths if anyone could help me out. I need specifically the length of the single attachment point to the portion that begins the portion that goes around your body, and then the length of the portion around the body. Hope that makes sense?

Can a few guys help me out? Would like to get an idea of the ranges of lengths I'll need to accommodate for. . .

Thanks all and God bless,

Adam
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
On my Emdom/MM Gunslinger sling that is a 2 point and single point convertible sling, I have the following measurements when in single point mode:

From tip of ITW mash hook to D-ring = 8"
From D-ring to tip of the other ITW mash hook forming the loop around the torso is 42"

The D-ring on my sling which is where the loop ends and the weapon attachment portion begins is located in the center of my chest about an inch up from my xyphoid process.

Keep in mind I'm 5'9, 220 lbs, 44" chest and 36" waist.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the numbers! I'm 5'10" and 200 so the numbers will be similar for me. . .
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top