Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2012 10:57:45 PM EDT
I have a Noveske QD end plate that I want to put to some use with a sling. I'm looking for recommendations on a 2-3 point sling that will put this to use without spending a lot of money. I will also need to buy the forend mount/swivel and the rear swivel attachments. I've found some places that are asking a lot of clams for these little chunks of metal! Thanks for your recommendations
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Blue Force Gear VCAS (Vickers Combat Application Sling). Prices vary from $45 to $65 maybe less if you can find it on the EE or ebay. It comes, padded, unpadded, with plastic slides and keepers, or aluminum slides and keepers. It comes in  black, foliage, coyote, multicam. The sling adjuster is easy to use and dummy proof, the sling also gets rid of excess sling tails hanging and flapping all over the place. I got mine a few weeks back from my local gunshop, padded, in coyote for $45. It's a great piece of kit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheap.  Works.  Cheap.

HERE

There was a writeup about a custom kit someone made here.  I will see if I can find it.

It is stickied at the top of this forum...

HERE
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my Vickers also.I also like the Viking Tactics padded sling.Its the same s the Troy Vtac.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Gear Sector makes a great two point I have one on my rifle and love it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Emdom Gunslinger, Magpul MS3, VTAC, or BFG VCAS; I prefer the latter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using the GRSC Snapsling for years on several rifles.
Great quality, reasonable prices and very knowledgeable folks.

You can do a search to contact them.

Hope this helps....
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a Noveske QD end plate that I want to put to some use with a sling. I'm looking for recommendations on a 2-3 point sling that will put this to use without spending a lot of money. I will also need to buy the forend mount/swivel and the rear swivel attachments. I've found some places that are asking a lot of clams for these little chunks of metal! Thanks for your recommendations

Just a heads up: the process for making those sling swivels requires precise tolerances and you don't want to go cheap on these, if purchased separately from a quality sling like BFG or Gear Sector.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cheap.  Works.  Cheap.

HERE

There was a writeup about a custom kit someone made here.  I will see if I can find it.

It is stickied at the top of this forum...

HERE

I have a strapworks sling, and it's a great option if you really must go cheap. But on my rifles now, all of them are BFG VCAS slings and nothing else is ever going on them. They are the zen nirvana of the 2 pt made in usa sling. I've said it so much it must sound like I get paid to, but I don't, I just really believe in that product. It's excellent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd use something from here for a front mount if I didn't have a rail system with a solution already and a Blue Force Gear sling. The poster above is correct.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#10]
You can't go wrong with a Vtac or VCAS.  They are both excellent quality slings.  Some people don't like the "tail" on the Vtac but It doesn't bother me.  I tried sending you an IM and email but you have them disabled.  I have a brand new Blueforce Gear VCAS w/ QD swivels sewn in on the EE that may interest you.  Also, good choice on the Noveske end plate, every rifle I build gets one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been using the specter gear SOP 3-point sling and it has been, imo, the best sling I have used. It can become a 2-point sling and does it fairly well. It also has the buckle that will allow your to free up some slack to make shoulder transistions or to let it act as a single point sling if the occasion calls for it. The slings also have multiple mounting options as well, dependent on what your attachment setup happens to be. It's sells for $41.00 from spectergear.com or cheaper from other online retailers.

jda
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top