Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2011 1:44:25 AM EDT
I have looked at many bungee slings online, and was eventually turned on to this one: http://www.savvysniper.com/quadsling.html

It looks like high quality and I like everything about it, however, the bungee is the in the back of sling, not up front like all others i've seen.  Has anyone had any personal experience with the Savvy Sniper sling to know if the bungee on the back functions at all like the slings with the bungee in the front?  In the video on that page they only mention the bungee with regards from transforming from a 2 point into a 1 point, so I'm wondering if thats the only function, and doesn't give you the pull back to your chest strength like something like this video mentions: http://www.tacticallink.com/Stealth_Bungee_Single_Point_Sling.html

however with that last one, you have to buy a front mount and rear mount plus the sling, so your around 150, where i'd rather just use a standard mount

or if you guys have any outstanding experience with single mount bungee sling, please mention the brand here, i've found many on amazon for 20 bucks with tons of awesome reviews, but these days half of those reviews are the damn air-softers!  (the need for 2 point isn't necessary but I suppose would be nice to have)
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My experience is if you run with a gun on a single point sling, especially one with bungee, protect your boys.

I've tried multiple slings, 1 point/2 point/Magpul MS2, and always come back to the VCAS or VTAC adjustable two points.  There just doesn't seem to be any real advantage to a one point or even the MS2. If you are worried about going urban prone over a curb, just take one arm out of your 2 point sling and you can easily transition in any position.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I own and use the Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD with bungee on my DD/Spikes rifle.  I use it in 1 point configuration when out and about in the woods and will generally switch it to 2 point so I can sling it on my back while riding a four wheeler or climbing a ladder.  As cybrscream said, yes, you do have possibility of mashing a nut.  The only time I ever came close to doing so was when I was in 1 point config. and was rock hopping in a dry creek bed.  The bungee stretched and when it retracted back upwards, it raked my quad rail up the shaft of my cock.  Could have very well been a nut, but I guess I got lucky.  Fortunately, I was wearing pants too.  But I get what he's saying, it makes the gun bounce around a little more.  I don't do much (none) running with my gun, mostly hiking, and I appreciate the bungee for added comfort.

I have no experience with the VTAC, but I have been very pleased with my SS.  The build quality was excellent and they actually took my height and weight so they could build me a better fitted sling.  I really like being able to convert from 1pt. to 2pt.  The adjustment strap is incredibly easy to use and has a smooth snag free glide to it.  

SS offers you the option to get the sling without the bungee part, but if I buy another one, it would be exactly like the one I have now.  Hand made, built to order in the US.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Spec Ops Brand Lonestar Rig and have been very pleased with it thus far.  Of course I haven't ponied up the cash for a carbine class or anything like that, so my use has been far from hard.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you get a solid lock from your sling if it's a bungee cord?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one bungee sling that I got for free.  It was free for a reason.  

Nylon web is mo-betta.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a fairly stiff bungee and only about 14" or so over your shoulder is bungee.  In my experience, it is solid where it needs to be and also gives a little in the right place/right time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a fairly stiff bungee and only about 14" or so over your shoulder is bungee.  In my experience, it is solid where it needs to be and also gives a little in the right place/right time.

Some people cinch down two point slings (via wrapping around their hand or using quick adjust features) in order to assist with accuracy.  It's not really possible with a 1 point by nature of the single point design.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought a one point bungee would be awesome for HD. I was wrong.

At least get one that you can use as a two point once you see why a single point isn't as cool as it looks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the input.  I think i'll try the savvy sniper convertible sling and i'll let you know what i think.  Seems well built and not much is made in the USA anymore...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I sent out my check and got the Savvy Sniper QUAD sling within 3 days, and that was over the holidays too! great customer service and great quality.  Like I told them after I recieved it, American quality at a China price!  It's a convertible and it has the quick adjust as well, couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My experience is if you run with a gun on a single point sling, especially one with bungee, protect your boys.

I've tried multiple slings, 1 point/2 point/Magpul MS2, and always come back to the VCAS or VTAC adjustable two points.  There just doesn't seem to be any real advantage to a one point or even the MS2. If you are worried about going urban prone over a curb, just take one arm out of your 2 point sling and you can easily transition in any position.

This, I teach advanced firearms to a number of squirrel's and I've seen a dozen dismount the vehicle (Ford Expeditions and Chevy Tahoe's) and squash their nuts when the transition to hand gun while running is done.  We have developed a drill in which we throw the carbine over the back (Drill over and over putting the safety on)
gatorfarmtactical.com
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top