Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2011 4:33:27 PM EDT
Hello all:

UPS just delivered my first VTAC MkII and I'm working through the options for a front rail mount. This is going on a left-hand Stag 2TL with Samson quad rail. And someday soon, I expect to mount some hefty optics atop this beast and my thought with the offset mount from MI is to get the sling a little higher on the rifle to maintain stability with the added weight of optics [read: rifle won't roll over when slung]. Otherwise, I think it's a tossup between MI, Troy, LaRue or Gear Sector. The one parameter I have already decided on is QD with limited rotation.

MCTAR-08HDO

1. Any feedback from experience using the mount for this purpose would be much appreciated.
2. Feel free to opine on front-to-back locating of mount on rail.
3. Any clarification on what MI might mean by "special applications" in its product description might help too!

Thanks everyone!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top