Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2011 4:34:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find a knife holder or knife kit that mounts onto the picatinny rail for carrying I have seen some a variation for pistols but nothing for AR-15. The only thing I can find is a bayonet style

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea what i'm reading. Can you retype this please. Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just have no idea what you said.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
like...a bayonet?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I think he wants a sheath with a picatinny mount on it?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's what I'm getting

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of knife? Where are you mounting it? What kinda mount i.e. Permanent,Quick release?
I've not seen a sheath that could mount a rail. It could be made easy. I've seen the ideas of a sheath on a stock before.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun + Kydex sheathed knife + 550 cord = I need pics of this, because I'm not seeing how it's going to work right.

EDIT- So your looking for a full sized picatinny mounted fighting knife like the micro mini pimp pistol bayonets?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
EDIT- So your looking for a full sized picatinny mounted fighting knife like the micro mini pimp pistol bayonets?

That's what my gibberish to english translator kicked out.

A few years back, I did see a custom blade mounted on a rail.
Problem I see, is that it's pretty difficult to set it up so that the knife blade extends past the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what my gibberish to english translator kicked out.

A few years back, I did see a custom blade mounted on a rail.
Problem I see, is that it's pretty difficult to set it up so that the knife blade extends past the muzzle.

It's tactical redneck gibberish thanks you very much.

And I'm just trying to make sence of the OP.... Damn it.... I made it worse didn't I?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:30:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And I'm just trying to make sence of the OP.... Damn it.... I made it worse didn't I?

LOL, didn't mean your post, the OP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Gun + Kydex sheathed knife + 550 cord = I need pics of this, because I'm not seeing how it's going to work right.

http://www.laserlyte.com/Pistol_Bayonet/PB-1/PB-1.jpg

http://www.gunpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LaserLyte-PB-3-Mini-Survival-Knife-Pistol-Bayonet-300x202.jpg

I think Katt Williams Armament makes one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for any confusion but basically I'm looking for a sheath mounted to the rail that will hold a strait blade knife no more than 6in long. Kind hard for me to explain cause haven't scene anything out there to compare to. This is like the knife that I have and would like to mount to my AR and preferably the sheath to be removable

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm curious as to why you want it on the rifle.

I'm not saying it should be done....but you could get busy using a molle  compatible sheath and some zip ties or paracord. All in all...if you really decide you want it (Because I'm not saying that you should) then you'll most likely have to do it yourself.

I just want to know why you want to if you feel like sharing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd contact a custom sheath maker, or look into making your own kydex sheath.
I'd talk to them about taking something like this LT-170
and building a sheath for whichever knife you want to use.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry for any confusion but basically I'm looking for a sheath mounted to the rail that will hold a strait blade knife no more than 6in long. Kind hard for me to explain cause haven't scene anything out there to compare to. This is like the knife that I have and would like to mount to my AR and preferably the sheath to be removable

I can guess why...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
There are so many things out there to mount to an AR just thought this would look bad ass on it no real reason behind it
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can guess why...

why do you think
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There are so many things out there to mount to an AR just thought this would look bad ass on it no real reason behind it
By "bad ass" do you mean something like this?

....because that's the road you're headed down.

Seriously though, you're not going to get a lot of support for doing something like this just because it you think it looks "bad ass". Please understand that I know it's your rifle and you can do anything you want with it (that's legal and safe of course). That said, there's not a whole lot of practical applications for what you're looking to do. It is highly unlikely that you would find something as you described on a rifle that something would stake their life on.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#20]
This is a great idea, but I believe that the mil-spec requires that all sheath knives that are affixed to a railed handguard be secured with duct tape.  This is the preferred method and will likely be the most reliable and secure way to affix the knife sheath to the weapon.  The only acceptable substitute would be wire coat hangers wrapped tightly around the forend, but this has proven less reliable in combat conditions and is recommended only as a temporary measure until the duct tape can be procured.  

Seriously though, the reason you have not seen this on the market is beause there is no good reason to mount a sheath knife onto your rifle.   If you want to do it, it will have to be a DIY project.  Putting a knife on the forend will only add unneeded weight to the weapon and will serve no real practical purpose.  The knife should stay on a vest, belt, pack, etc. where it belongs.  This IMO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#21]
OK thanks for all the support and suggestions just a thought didn't think it would bring this much hatred and problems and why don't y'all kick my dog why your at it.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Speaking for myself (and perhaps a few others), there is no hatred as to what you're trying to do. Modifying one's weapon is a personal choice so I support the fact that you can do whatever you want however, be forewarned that there are some modifications, such as the one you're looking to do, that will not be looked highly upon by others in the community.

99.9% of the time, if something is offered it's because there's not market for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I'm getting

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I think it's super cool, seriously.

Keep your blade on the weapon, pull it out on guys when you get close for silent kills.

I swear, I do it...it's combat proven guys, we just use duct tape.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

OK thanks for all the support and suggestions just a thought didn't think it would bring this much hatred and problems and why don't y'all kick my dog why your at it.

Don't get discouraged.  It's just not the best sounding idea and we're trying to stop you from possibly making a mistake.  

Looks like you're pretty new here so be forewarned, thick skin is a requirement.

Welcome to arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think it's a good idea at all but to each his own,did you happen to see it on a video game ? I could see a sheath for a cleaning kit or spare parts kit before a knife on your rifle.Just don't see any practical purpose for it(except if you want to be a mall ninja),but I'm willing to be enlightened.Please explain !
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Duct tape. If it can hold a fender down at 200 mph it will surely can hod your knife to the rail.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Duct tape. If it can hold a fender down at 200 mph it will surely can hod your knife to the rail.

If it moves and it's not supposed to: duct tape

If it doesn't move and it's supposed to: WD-40

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top