Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:49:59 AM EDT
Does anyone have a list of materials for a simple two point sling, sort of the style of a BFG vickers sling (not an exact copy), just a adjustable two point. Looked at strapworks and they did not have a sider you could put a pull tab on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's worth a look...

Tacked thread in "Slings" forum
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that, it looked more like a 3 point style from the number of loops it had.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I kind of faked a Vickers type 2 point. I used a tri-glide off God-only-knows-what, and put a tab on it. I can't post pics now, unless mspaint, but basically what I did was I sewed a sling point to one end of a strap. I then ran the other end over the first post in the triglide, under the center post, and over the last post. I then ran that end on through 2 plastic loops, then back to the last post on the tri glide, and sewed it to that. Then, I took another strap, sewed a sling point on one end, then ran the other end through the 2 plastic loops, then over one of the loops, and back through the last.

Yeah, this is going to require mspaint, stand by.

I'm no artist, but this should give you an idea of the layout and routing of the sling material.

If I had it to do over, I would have put the sling in red through just one loop, and attached that loop to the two loops, then put the blue part through that.

Just information, it adjusts out pretty easy, but not back in.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top