Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2010 10:59:46 PM EDT
was interested in trying a single point sling so i drank the magpul kool aid. i was wondering if it required me to get an ASAP or similar endplate or if the standard mil spec one would work ok. i also have a CTR stock, is there a sling swivel i could attatch to that instead of getting a new end plate or is that only for 2 point?

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
you can try running it from the qd swivel on the ctr, but unless its a shorty, your muzzle will spend some time in the dirt.  there are quite a few endplates that will work, here's just a few

http://ikickhippies.com/slap/

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/browse&category=slingmounts_carbineslingmounts

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=rec-qdep&cat=61&page=1&search=&since=&status=
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I replaced my ASP with the I Kick Hippies SLAP.  I love the SLAP, works great and no annoying rattle when I do not have the sling mounted.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently picked up the QD plate from Noveske. So far I really like it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I run the SLAP and I like it much better than the magpul ASAP + the SLAP doesn't have that annoying rattle noise that is going to give out your position when CQB-ing...
the CTR doesn't close all the way with it, but that doesn't bother me since I'm a big dude and I've never had the necessity to retract it.

I KICK HIPPIES - SLAP
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
so no hope with the standard mil spec one? i don't have a castle nut wrench to take off the stock so it's a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Can try something like this it just bolts around the bolt.  I have the -14 and it works well.  The -13 should work but will not be nearly as ambidextrous as the ASP or the SLAP.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for the SLAP.

It's the ONLY way to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Can try something like this it just bolts around the bolt.  I have the -14 and it works well.  The -13 should work but will not be nearly as ambidextrous as the ASP or the SLAP.
I use the 13.  Not a problem in transition to offside/weak side.  Easy to install, only need an Allen wrench.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for the Noveske
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#10]
i got the ms2 and asap a few weeks ago and love it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
When I bought my Sully Stock they sent me this one. I run an MS2 sling and never have a problem.  I don't really get the ASAP or other types like it.  If your sling is adjusted property you should be able to transition from strong side to reactionary slide

GG&G
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top