Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:25:41 PM EDT
Anyone know a supplier or someplace in the states that I can get a set of these?

Link Posted: 8/23/2010 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Checking google , looks like most are just ordering thru Zahal. Youd be surprised how fast stuff comes from other countries. I use to order mil surp stuff from the UK.

Might be worth doing a group buy and just placing one big order if enuff ppl were interested.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Checking google , looks like most are just ordering thru Zahal. Youd be surprised how fast stuff comes from other countries. I use to order mil surp stuff from the UK.

Might be worth doing a group buy and just placing one big order if enuff ppl were interested.

Yea I'm thinking that too... I ordered a IDF sling years ago from Zahal... it did come pretty quick!

I was just curious if I had an option here... Thanks DT!
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I'm thinking that too... I ordered a IDF sling years ago from Zahal... it did come pretty quick!

don't forget the cammi "clown hats" too (big puffy helmet covers)
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Zahal is good to go, only 6.50 in American to ship to Ca, I ordered 2 IDF slings from them and it took 10 days to get here , shit they were quicker than Spikes Tactical.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
seems like the same effect could be achieved by cutting up a piece of bicycle inner tube?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't forget the cammi "clown hats" too (big puffy helmet covers)

It's called a mitznefet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
seems like the same effect could be achieved by cutting up a piece of bicycle inner tube?

It could, but then you would not be sporting cool OD green bicycle inner tubes you got from Israel....
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm sure it could....

I could probably wrap a baby diaper loaded with shit around the hand guard and achieve the the same effect!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it could....

I could probably wrap a baby diaper loaded with shit around the hand guard and achieve the the same effect!

No.. not really.... the shit would be slippery and the diaper would start to shift position and you would loose your grip.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#10]
What are they for?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Dunno if it's true, but I read somewhere they're to keep your sweaty hands from slipping on the plastic handguards (you know, like if you're in a hot Mediterranean country like Israel ).  Maybe.  Maybe it's just an affectation.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What are they for?

Im guessing they are used to hold the tape switches inplace from their weapon light/lasers.

I used old mountain bike inner tubes, just cut them to the width you want, they work very well. And even with the heat they dont get gummy or stretch out
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top