Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 3:27:56 PM EDT
curious if anyone can tell me of a good rail for the law enforcement armalite M15 A4..i have one ordered and just looking at the pics, looks like the handguard is shorter than my m15 a2..could just be the pics, but either way..this will be my first rail purchase and i don't want a dud..probably add a foregrip, later a laser and light..i want it to fit tight, and not be to heavy..
thanks..
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
any vendor have any idea on this..heck, first to tell me what would fit my rifle..i'll buy from..lol  seriously..
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm assuming that you're talking about the rifle that's on the home page of this site?

That looks like a mid-length (i.e., you want a 9" rail). You have a lot of options here. First, you need to decide if you want drop-in or free-float. If you go drop-in, you have options like the Troy Industries, Midwest Industries, Surefire M85, or YHM. Most on here will tell you to go with a Daniel Defense Omega because it's drop-in, free float, and lighter than the aforementioned rails. If you decide to fully free float and are willing and able to do some light gunsmithing, you can go with the Daniel Defense, LaRue Tactical, or Knights Armament.

Personally, a drop-in should be fine for you. I would skip the laser (unless it's an IR laser, but I doubt that's what you're talking about). It all comes down to what tools you have and what you're willing to spend. There's a lot out there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
this is the actual gun i have ordered..a little different than the one on the front page..looks like it has a very short hand guard to me..??

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=LEC15A4CBK&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=8e8e5de6-5022-483e-812b-822e58014822

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/49/49448.jpg
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it has a carbine-length gas system, meaning you need a 7" rail (or "carbine"-length rail).

Your options are similar to what I mentioned above; all those manufacturers make 7" rails. If I were you, I would probably look for a nice set of KAC RAS on the EE. They are the drop-in rail system the US military uses on their M4 carbines. They are solid, proven, and can be usually had with rail covers and a vertical fore grip anywhere from $130-$175 on the EE. If you want free float, you can go with the DD Omega 7", or the KAC RASII.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top