Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2010 6:56:54 PM EDT
I recently purchased a set of the LaRue index clips.  I have used several brands of rail covers in the past but I found these to be superior in many ways and here is why.  Most rail covers you end up having to cut and you end up with odd pieces that you end up never using. They come 72 to a pack. The index clips are individual, thus you can put them wherever you want.  The set also included clips that cah hold tape switch wires to aid in cleaning up the excess.  They are very easy to put on, just snap them in place and to remove simply break out the Dillo that LaRue sent you and they pop right off.  Here are some pics of how they look and work.

They cover half of the 13.2 LaRue rail on the left,right, and bottom.

Underneath BCM holding tapeswitch wire.

Link Posted: 2/13/2010 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Great review and detailed pictures.
I'm going to order a couple of sets, the tapeswitch wire is always a pain in the rear!
Any idea when OD or FG or any other shades will be avaialble?
I hope (and surely they will) match Magpul's shades.

Great looking rifle, no, absolutely fantastic looking rifle, by the way!
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
First I've seen these...they looked cool...your review didn't say what they were made of. From your great pics they looked like they could have been a rubbery type material. Finally found it on Larues site "Glass-reinforced polymer"...hard plastic. Are they slippery?
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The index clips are not slippery at all.  They offer a very good grip surface without being too "grippy" and snagging on everything.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
These are not Troy rail friendly. I had to tap each one on with the back of my knife. I actually messed up the lips on one trying to secure the Surefire tape switch.
They did all lock in place but I was not able to feed the wire through the middle like I hoped. But Hey I got more Larue Gear with them. New UDE Cap
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pics! I need to get some of those.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I think this sold me on a product I didn't even know I needed. These forums do that more and more lately...
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]
has anyone used them on YHM rails? thinking of getting either Larue or XTMs
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top