Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:13:10 PM EDT
What's the best sling to use as a shooting aid for an AR?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking for a sling to steady your rifle for precision long range shooting in the field (i.e., with the sling up on your bicep and under tension), I'd recommend one of the Turner National Match slings:

Turner Slings

They are a bit pricey as far as slings go but are built to last!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Most in competition go with Turner, I went with Leslie Tam:

http://www.lestam.com/

I think the Leslie Tam is the very best service class competition sling out there.

If you want match class slings, I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll ask a further question.

Are there any slings that will work for carrying, but can be used to stabilize the rifle in offhand shooting?  I'd guess that match slings probably aren't meant for carrying the rifle, only shooting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are there any slings that will work for carrying, but can be used to stabilize the rifle in offhand shooting?  I'd guess that match slings probably aren't meant for carrying the rifle, only shooting.

Since I'm a civi, I haven't carried my rifles for longer than perhaps 30 minutes at a time. My Turner sling seems very comfortable, though, and I'd have no reservations about using it on a rifle I intended to carry all day.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top